• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

underlining?

funes

It has been bugging me, since I joined the Forum, that I haven't been able to underline the titles of books. I suppose that it is some very basic procedure. I would appreciate some pointers. Thank you.

funes,

To underline :

The easiest is to use the vB code generator.

When you are in the "post reply" window, you will see the buttons B, I and U under the "Post subject" box. When you're ready to type the title you want underlined, just click the "U" button, type in the title and voila - underlined title! :)

OR, you can type in your own vB code - same as html except it uses [ ] -square brackets- instead of < > to enclose the code.

Hope this helps.

p.s. "I" is for italics, and "B" for bold - done exactly the same as above. You can even combine all three like this.:D

Thanks, Ell. However, as I am typing this, I don't see those buttons. Is there some setting elsewhere that wouldn't allow those to show up? (I see, for instance, that "HTML code" is "off" in the Forum Rules box.)

Maybe you're using the "Post a quick reply" space directly below the other postings ?

If that's the case, look at the bottom right corner at the end of last message and you will see another "post reply" button. Click on that, and you'll see the reply box I mean.

Ell

Actually, Ell, I have been using the "post reply" button rather than the "post a quick reply" feature. I also took a quick look at the members control panel and didn't see anything there that looked applicable. Again, thanks for the help, and your patience.

Hmmm. Can't figure out why you can't see the code buttons.

But next best thing, type in the code yourself:

Start with the opening underline code "[ u ]" with no spaces or quotations, then type text, and close with "[ /u ]", again no spaces or quotations.

[ u ]Title Text[ /u ] will give you Title Text

There is a guide to the vB code under Forum Rules - Click here for a link to guide.

Funes,

I've just checked your user options, and you've got "Show VBcode" set to NO. You will need to set this to YES to see the vBcode buttons that Ell mentions (I can do this for you if you want).

Darren.

Back