• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Unremembered, by Backwoods

Backwoods

Unremembered.jpg
Unremembered, by Backwoods
After a fatal crash, Ethan Wolfe must survive the wilderness to evade capture. He flees to Colorado to seek asylum with friends, only to find them facing an evil beyond imagination. A twisted dream and a shocking premonition leave him wondering if they face the evil or are the cause of it.

Find Unremembered and other titles from Backwoods at:
http://booksbybackwoods.weebly.com/

A full list of suppliers and corresponding links are available on my website.
(Amazon, Apple, Kobo, Diesel, Barnes & Noble, Sony, Smashwords, Lulu, etc.)

I am the Author ~Backwoods~

Last edited:
New Review for Unremembered, by Backwoods!

Official Review: Unremembered by Backwoods
Post Number:#1
clip_image001.gif
byNeleh403» 27 Nov 2013, 05:25

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unremembered" by Backwoods.]

This is a short story approximately 21 pages but of small font so would probably go to approximately 40 pages with normal font. I feel it should be part of a larger collection of stories as I completed the book in just under an hour.

It follows the main character Ethan Wolfe starting with a horrific car crash resulting in the death of his girlfriend Veronica, but not before she tells him that she was carrying his child and begs for him to run from the crash site. Hurt himself Ethan tries to make his way through the wilderness to their cabin, covered in his girlfriend’s blood and suffering with amnesia Ethan starts to wonder how the crash had happened. He recalls a previous dream where he foresees the crash and begins to doubt his innocence, he is sure he killed the love of his life. Eventually Ethan gets to the cabin but suffering from paranoia stays in a hide to watch. He falls into a troubled sleep and another terrible nightmare. His best friends Kevin and Eric Boone are the target of this dream, with Kevin being horribly murdered and Eric being the prime candidate for it. Ethan awakes to find the cabin still deserted so goes in. He finds a note from The brothers asking him to meet them at their hunting lodge in Colorado. Realizing he has been asleep for 2 days Ethan rushes to get to his best friends.

On the long journey to meet Kevin and Eric, Ethan reads of some grisly murders that are occurring in Colorado, unfortunately for him these murders have a startling likeness to his dream and worries that Eric maybe part of it and can only hope that Kevin is still alive. Ethan continues to be plagued by flashbacks and dreams of the car crash and is now convinced that he is to blame for the death of his girlfriend and their unborn child.

Eventually Ethan arrives at his friend’s cabin to find that both are alive and well, but have something to show him. There is something in the wilderness that changes his life forever.

I give this book3 out of 4 stars. The storyline was excellent as was the scene and character description. The ending had many twists and turns which kept the reader guessing. I have dropped a star because I feel that this could have been a much longer more in-depth book. It has the scope to be a true horror story which could rival many acclaimed horror authors.

Back