• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Interview: Jeffery Deaver - Your Questions Please

Darren

Famous crime author, Jeffery Deaver, has kindly agreed to a short interview with us here at Book & Reader.

I will be speaking to Jeff later this month, and will put forward a selection of questions from our members.

Please post your questions here, and I will do my best.

Thank you.

Are you able to sleep at night if you fail to write down the thoughts invading your mind? I find that my insomnia is (in)directly related to the pen at my bedside. Also, what goals do you set for writing?

I’ve read you research and outline a book for eight months before beginning to write and sometimes rewrite a book up to twenty-four times before it goes to the publisher. This makes your books far above others.

I would like to know how long it takes you to finish a book from start to finish once you begin? This includes thinking in the dark room, research and outline, and rewriting.

<O:pDo you start on more than one book at a time and do you contract to write a number of books in a given amount of time?<O:p

I believe it was Stephen King that said he with held "Pet Semitary" because he thought the subject matter was to disturbing and didnt publish it untill years later.
Do you have any books setting on the shelf like this?

Back