• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Upcoming Movies Based on Novels...

-Carlos-

This may be old news. Here is a short list of upcoming movies based on novels.
  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  • Bag of Bones by Stephen King
  • A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
  • American Pastoral by Philip Roth
  • The Bourne Ultimatum by Rober Ludlum
  • The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  • Pet Sematary by Stephen King (remake of the 1989 thriller)
  • The Talisman by Stephen King

The above list is not complete of course. Most of the film projects are in preproduction.

I hear that Life Of Pi is being done by M. Night Shyamalan - which sounds about right if you look at his previous work and compare those to said novel.

Cheers

Just about every fiction published these days gets optioned for film. Two of my own have been optioned. Chances of an optioned story reaching a theater are pretty small. Some books, both fiction and nonfiction, may be great on paper but stay in preproduction forever.

Don't forget A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket and the Earthsea mini-series (although I don't know if it qualifies, being on the tube)

Martin said:
I hear that Life Of Pi is being done by M. Night Shyamalan - which sounds about right if you look at his previous work and compare those to said novel.

Cheers
I would pay to see anything by him. :D

I found Life of Pi quite boring - whether that's me failing as an intellect I don't know. I'm excited about the film release of The Da Vinci code. It's staring Audrey Tautou who I loved in the French film "Amelie." Jean Reno's also staring in it (who could forget "Leon") as Bezu Fache. It's looking to be a blockbuster, just like the book.

wiggle said:
I'm excited about the film release of The Da Vinci code. It's staring Audrey Tautou who I loved in the French film "Amelie." Jean Reno's also staring in it (who could forget "Leon") as Bezu Fache. It's looking to be a blockbuster, just like the book.

Yuppy! I am also excited about this movie with two great actors, and I must look for the book as I heard some interesting stuff mentioned about it! :eek:

movies based on Books ?

:) I wanted to know if anyone knows of books that are out that are going to be turned into a movie. Also some good books that are good and based on movies? Is Die hard with vengeance any good?

Back