• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Val McDermid

I just read my first book by this author "The Torment of Others" and I loved it. If any of her other books even come close to this one she will soon be one of my favorite authors. For those of you that read her, what is her best book?

KICK BACK by Val McDermid

My Review: My new favourite private-eye! McDermid has created a wonderfully real and feisty female character in Kate Brannigan PI - she has no fear and is not afraid to call a spade a spade. This story rockets along with mystery and mayhem interspersed with some hilarious observational comedic moments. The relationships between the characters are well developed by McDermid and these ensemble cast members bring great colour to the story. I loved this book so much I've just gone out and bought 4 more titles in the Kate Brannigan series. I have recommended this one to my friends!

Booklover Book Reviews

I've read both Distant Echo and Killing The Shadows and enjoyed them both. Need to add her to my list of favorite authors!

I didn't realize how large her body of work is until I looked her up online. I will make a point to make sure I look for more of her titles.

Thanks for reminding me of her!

Back