• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

valued treasures

crystalnight

Prologue

I always new I was different… I am half android now…but long ago I was born under the full moon when the stars were out in a small town called Lywinn, when the clock struck twelve it was the very hour I took my first breath in this world.

When I was older I went on a quest in the big city of lights, Ermiur. My quest was to protect an artifact of historical and intrinsic value, treasure. That’s when it happened three men attacked me, one with a claw and the other two with enormous laser-guns. (tiki torches)

I was for three months under intensive care under the Ermiur hospital. Those men who attacked me destroyed half my body, from my left pelvis over to my right toes. I felt nothing… it was painless. As they worked intensively on my body, frantically trying to repair me. I thought... It was my last breath I was going to take. My father heard the awful news and was faced with letting me go or about me having to get mechanical parts.

My father made the choice of not letting me go. He paid in full for the mechanical parts. My left arm, chest and right leg were replaced. After the operation I was in the hospital for two months and finally I was out of the place.

Now this very same day… I was pleased to take in the dew in the air. Hearing the sirens I followed it, I recalled that very same day in the Ermiur hospital. My mind was a bit foggy as I felt the laser wounds in my chest. It wasn’t that bad, I couldn’t remember everything so I didn’t have to keep thinking about it.

Maybe I’m crazy for thinking I was human, but I kept refusing the fact I was half android.

I jumped onto the roof of the ambulance that passed me, suddenly I refused to go in and see this person through the accident and so I jumped off letting out a breath as I went back home.

Sulking at home I remembered the man at the tattoo parlor. He examined my left arm and was fascinated. It had human like skin, but yet the innards were components stacked together to create a mechanical arm.

It made me feel non-human, but I wasn’t bothered by him telling me I had top technology in my left arm and that he wanted to study it for a while.

He forgot to ask me if I wanted a tattoo, but before he noticed…I was gone.

chapter 1

Chapter 1

The courtyard of the city had flowers blooming. Suddenly the flowers were squished to the floor. There was no ground left in this artificial city. Police were running through the gardens. They were called the force. Their helmets the color of green. Their laser guns slung over their shoulders.

The general shouted above the noise, “Contact Sasha! We need her strength!”

A soldier saluted, “Sir, general, she is not with us anymore”

The general took his helmet off, “My she rest in peace”

The soldier replied in a grin, “No, sir she has not left to the skies. She has left the police force ever since the attack in Ermiur, sir”

The general asked, “When did that happen?”

The soldier replied, “Six months ago… She was under rigorous care at the Ermiur hospital,”

The general bellowed, “Contact her! I want her here now, she will not say no to the army!”

I dreamt about the attack. The three men had scars on their faces. They laughed as they were drumming me to the floor with that claw of theirs. The men stood over me and started to shoot the lasers through my body, laughter sounding like a joker’s echoed inside the room.

One of the men said, “I‘ve got it leave her and with record time too”

Suddenly, I was inside the Ermiur hospital being wheeled into a room. My ears heard the sound of ringing.

The phone rang in my house. I heavily opened my eyes, answering I slurred with my words, “Hello…”

“This is the Police, soldier… We are in need of your services…”

“The police want me don’t they? Well tell general Hoax…half my body will go to the army and the other half would not” and I put the phone down.

I knew they would contact me again so I left the phone off the hook, but somehow I knew I had to find that treasure again. Seeing it was the police who received the quest on protecting it. So my quest was uncompleted and I knew I had to finish it.

I couldn’t well remember how the treasure looked like, but it was priceless. If only six months ago I recovered the treasure. It would only be more difficult to find it now. I knew what my father would say, “Your going to find what you almost die for, what if you go to meet your maker this time?” Well father if I’m going to meet my maker then so be it.

I thought back when I was at the destination in Ermiur. It was silent within that room. No alarm went off, no sound was made. After the attack when the men bluntly spoke to me, I heard something of Lucuis or was it Lucian going to use this treasure.

I climbed out of my bed and immediately went to sit on my sofa, sighing. I put my hands behind my head. Thinking for a long time my cellphone rang. I forgot I had a cellphone. So I answered. “Hello?”

The voice said, “Soldier-“

I interrupted wanting to smash my phone into the table in the far corner of my room, “Fine, I accept. I shall need a computer to track three criminals who I am after”

The soldier replied, “Granted, come at three o clock to the police office, your father is awaiting you there.” And the phone died.

By the time it was three, I was at the police office sitting on a chair. I felt a cold chill running up my spine. I heard voices growing louder, they were shouting.

“You want to use her as a genesis project then send her off to the police force! No I do not agree to that!”

“She will perform better when she gets new parts!”

I stood up from the chair listening further into the conversation. I went down the hall and froze when I saw my father inside a room. He was the shouting at a scientist.

My father shouted, “What if you miscalculate the effects of the parts, she might walk in circles!”

The scientist smirked, “I highly doubt it would happen”

I walked in saying, “My father has a point. These parts I have perform just as good as the others”

The scientist growled, “They want you to perform-“

I interrupted, “Perform better... I never had a glitch in my programming and this body is the only thing keeping me alive, I refuse to go under surgery and lose three months of searching for the lost treasure.”

My father turned his head to look at me, “You’re going to look for that damned treasure!”

I sighed, “Don’t! I can take care of my self!”

My father shouted, “You are young it can rob you of your youth!”

I gritted my teeth and said, “I know, but for once stop treating me like I’m your kid! I have a job to complete”

Silence was within the room and I felt stupid for what I said.

My father said, “Fine, now you agree with the scientist…than trusting your own blood”

I hesitated, “I didn’t mean it that way…I don’t want the operation, but I’m on that quest to get my memory back”

My father shouted, “I can make you remember everything! I have the tapes of the attack”

I lowered my shoulders and gave up fighting him any further, “Can you show me the tapes. So I can go and search.”

Father nodded and poked the scientist on his shoulder, “You get the tapes!”

The scientist stuttered, “y-yes sir” and he ran out of the room. The scientist returning with three tapes in his hands toppled over the rug and quickly scrambled up again to pick up the videos.

As I watched the monitor’s tapes on the screen, I saw my father whipping a tear away as he saw how his child was mutilated on the second tape. The man with the claws stabbed me in the chest and laughed and I heard the joker like laugh. “Die…he he”

The man wearing a red shirt with a laser gun said, “I got it and with record time too, leave her” and he kicked me, not long after he and his pal shot me about ten times.

My father paused the tape just when the man wearing a black robe said Lucios was going to be pleased.

I held my hand in front of my lips, I felt sick looking at that tape. I speedily said, “See I have to get that treasure back!”

My father shook his head, “It is your choice, Sasha. I can’t stop you from completing your task”

I looked about the room and asked, “Where is the scientist gone to?”

My father replied, “He is currently at the office. He is searching for anyone looking like those three men who attacked you”

I was surprised, “You mean to say for those six months you were looking for them too. That makes me feel all warm inside”

My father said, “Just remember you are my daughter and no one will get away with such a gruesome crime”

I hugged my father knowing how much he cared about me that made me feel human again. Still I hated that my father was so stubborn and hard headed, but it was his way of showing his love.

Not much later I was in front of a computer searching the database for anyone who was similar to the thieves.

The scientist was staring over my shoulder making me feel nervous. It felt like his eyes were drilling a hole in me. I turned around and asked, “What you looking for?”

The scientist stuttered, “I-uh. My name is Eric. I have photo’s of the guys who could have possibly attacked you”

I looked at his hands; it was shaking and holding three photos. I said my thanks and turned to look at the photos. The pictures were familiar and the scars on their faces were exactly the same way I saw it in my dream.

Eric said, “The scars on their faces shows they are reassembled humans”

I was stunned, reassembled humans. It was rare for a human to become those types. “Reassembled you say. Can you tell me about reassembled humans”

Eric explained to me that reassembled humans were like cyborgs that each has a code inscribed into their data. Those codes give them the power to be stronger than an android. Eric said, “That why I want you to go in surgery so that you could handle a fight with these humans. We could inscribe you with the same data and you can keep your old parts”

---
Should Sasha agree to getting an upgrade or will she do well with out the surgery?

Comments awaited

chapter 2

Chapter 2

The light split into the room through the window, it lit up my face. I noticed Eric was still behind me. I felt like poking his eyes out.

Eric said, “The treasure has gone. Why not leave it.”

I looked at him saying, “Whatever the treasure was, it had to be important”

Eric laughed, “The treasure has destructive powers as long as we don’t pursue these thieves they will not use it”

I spoke, “Can you count on that? Then why wasn’t it under heavy protection?”

Eric replied, “I-It was under surveillance, but the cops were to late and they found your lifeless body in the center of the room"

I said as I felt the stabs of the laser wounds, "Eric can you leave me now. I'm currently searching the databases for a guy named Lucios"

Eric tapped my shoulder and passed a file over to me. "I've already done the research before you could"

I smiled, "You seem to amaze me. How long you been working on these files"

Eric replied, "About four months, that's when I was qualified to use the databases"

I moved away from the computer and said, “You may use the computer if you want to. I’m going to study these files for a while”

I sat at the office desk near Jewel, the document watch. Well that’s what I called her. “Jewel you know the documents inside and out. Can you tell me something about this document in my hand?”

Jewel took a look at the document and said, “It’s stored in a database in computer thirteen. Its contents are about the people called Lucios who recently had an operation in Ermiur.”

“Why is it only the ones that had an operation and not everyone called Lucios?”

“It narrows it down to a suspect, honey” she continued, “If you had everyone called Lucios then you’d have no clue who to look for”

Jewel opened the file and read, “Lucios Barmier… born fifteen January, shot in left leg… hip replacement ordered. He is still in the hospital. So you can cross him off as a suspect”

Jewel took a pen and drew a line through his name. “So you continue crossing off names like that, honey. I have a back up of the file”

I asked, “I’d like to search for Lucios with a record of thievery”

Jewel laughed, “Already done, honey. It is on computer thirteen. Here is a copy” she opened the drawer of her desk and passed it to me.

I opened it and the first name I saw was: Lucios Payne, born July fifteenth, convicted for murder, minor wounds on arm and a scar on his face caused by the victim. Worked in Ermiur hospital.

“If you ask me, I think they all can be suspects, especially Lucios Payne. I crossed off a few names for you, they passed away years ago”

I asked, “Tell me about Lucios Payne?”

Jewel smiled, “He was always a strange man. He was nervous every time he saw one of the reassembled humans. He never came close to one always staring blankly at them.” She continued, “He was released seven months ago from jail. He spent three years in that jail. I tell you he should have been locked up for life for what he did to that poor man”

I asked, “Where is he now?”

She said, “I think he is under rehabilitation. Seems his mind had gone when his wife left him. I tell you he is not there. He is nuts and working with the same things he was afraid of”

I was amazed she was so intelligent. I asked “Do you want to drink something after my upgrade in the Ermiur hospital?”

She said, “Working in the Ermiur hospital with a record doesn’t bode well…”

I asked her half confused. “What you mean?”

She sighed and said, “Well there is a Lucios blade who worked at the police force as well as the Ermiur hospital. He was convicted of fraud and killing two cops. He was released two months ago. He use to get visits from three men”

I stood up from my chair, “What are the names of these men?”

She answered, “Henry, Kyle and Phil. Easy names to remember”

I paged through the photos, but there was no information about who they are or what their names were.

I asked showing her the photos, “Can you research these three men or find their files?”

Jewel replied, “Sure, hun.”

Jewel turned to her computer and typed the names of the men in the database. “They are brothers, all reassembled civilians, haven’t been accused of anything.” She turned toward me, “They are the ones who attacked you, Sasha. Weren’t they?”

I nodded and felt a searing pain inside my head, Lucios Blade and Lucios Payne had to be enemies. I shook my head trying to stop thinking about the attack that night.

I asked, “Did Lucios Payne ever mention Blade?”

“Count to think of it… He did. He said that he was finally in jail” she continued, “It sounded like he wanted him in jail.”

I asked, “Could they have possibly been enemies?”

Jewel shook her head, “Not that I know of.”

I walked away with the files in my hands and Jewel shouted, “I’ll meet you eight o clock at the diner”

By the time it was eight o clock my upgrade was complete and I was at the diner with Jewel. We were drinking dark coffee; we both liked it the same way, with only two teaspoons of sugar and no milk.

I rubbed my head it was throbbing again. I felt woozy and dropped off my chair. Jewel jumped off her seat she kept calling my name, but I couldn’t move nor speak.

The upgrade had a negative affect on me and it affected my right brain, the side of cerebrum in charge of your imagination.

I could only see myself in that room. I was standing close by a window. Something passed by it, a chill running up my spine. I breathed deeply, a white cloud escaping from my mouth. I turned to look at the doors opening. The three men sauntered in, searching the room. It was like I was invisible.

I walked forward and looked at the glass covering a box with golden inscriptions. The men then noticed me and immediately reacted and started to attack me. I relived the attack.

I woke inside a hospital my head paining. I couldn’t feel anything. It felt like I was back in Ermiur hospital. Looking at the tag on my arm showed me I was at the police station’s lab. As I turned to look at the door I saw my father standing in the doorway, his black eyes staring at me from a distance. I struggled to stand up from the bed and my father rushed to push me down again.

Beads of sweat was on his forehead and he spoke, “You went under the knife and see what happened. You should have stayed away from it. The doctors seems to have affected your cerebrum, they haven’t completely dulled your senses so you underwent a lot of stress when you got your upgrade.”

---
What should Sasha do? Magically jump out of the bed and argue or stay in bed or what?

Back