• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Walter Moers

Rigana

Mafalda mentioned him on various occasions and I think that he deserves his own thread.
There already exists a discussion about his novel "The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear", but "Rumo and his Miraculous Adventures" and "The City of Dreaming Books" will be published in the US soon, too, while "Rumo" is already available in the UK.
His books are very funny and offer reckless adventures in a fantastic world, but what makes them really special are the numerous illustrations by the author. You can get an impression on them on his homepage. I couldn't find an English homepage, but the illustrations would be the same anyway.

I like the books of Walter Moers very much and can't wait for the next one. The Books about "Zamonia" are wonderful and very funny. "A Wild Ride Through the Night" is based on 21 drawings from the work of Gustave Dore and is also great.

My favourite so far is "The City of Dreaming Books". After reading this book I wanted to read every book in the world.

Was wondering if anyone could offer me some help. I have a copy of "The City of Dreaming Books" and was going to be reading it soon, but found out that it's part of a series. Obviously, even if the books are stand alone worthy, it is best to read them in order written because you get the most out of them. However, do the books in this series have a stand alone quality to them, or are they directly effected by the books before?

Back