• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Want to find new book(s)

dragonsoldier15

i want to get a sci-fi book but i can't find any that intrest me. could you guys give me some of you favorites? o and i already read all the ender's game series plus the ender's shadow series too(including shadow puppets)

U could always try Dune....still a classic
I don't know if his books are available in ur country but i would recommend Iain M Banks' "Culture" books,because they are magnificent

Dune by Frank Herbert. If you've never heard of it, you're in for a real treat. If you like Ender's Game, then I think you'll appreciate the Dune series. Don't ask me why, because I can't pinpoint a reason. I know that's not much help, but . . . give it a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

As far as your obvious enthusiasm for Ender's Game . . . I can say I share it. I haven't read the side stories, but the main series had me hooked. I wish they didn't have to end. I always enjoyed books about humans encountering alien cultures, not just encountering aliens, but actually having to deal with the differences and the consequences of misunderstanding those differences. If you like that aspect of Ender's Game, try The Sparrow, by Mary Doria Russel. There is a sequel, Children of God. (see the thread under authors, I think)

Midshipman's Hope by David Feintuch. (According to the cover it is in the tradition of 'Enders Game')
Give it a try, I loved it.

dragonsoldier, I noticed on one of your other posts that you've read Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. I'd try Fahrenheit 451 also by him, and Red Planet by Robert Heinlein if you can find it. If you enjoy F 451 try 1984 by George Orwell which runs along the same lines and resembles the movie The Matrix in some places.

As for books that resemble the Ender Series try Forge of God by Greg Bear. It is set right here on Earth for the most part but its a page turner and it sets up the sequel the Anvil of the Stars which more closely resembles Enders Game than most books I've read. When you get done with those you'll at least have some new authors to read.

Hey Dragonsoldier,Frank Herberts "Dune" totals 6 books(9 or 10 if you count the much inferior prequels)....Dune,Dune Messiah,Children of Dune,God Emperor of Dune,Heretics of Dune and Chapter House Dune....all together making what is arguably one of the greatest sci-fi stories ever

Back