• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Want to know how many wpm you read? Click here!

Pretty impressive mr. ink! I just tried it in my current state, and managed 194 words with 73% acuracy. However, it is 1.26am and i have been drinking, and I'm wondering if i'll be sick if i lay down to goto sleep...

I think i'll try this agin tomorrow and see what I come up with under normal circumstances.

I hope everyone here remembers to use a Des when they go out drinking.

Cheers

Xavier

That was really interesting (even if it was mainly to advertise their software) I only managed 223 wpm, but got 100% accuracy.

I'm now off to chec out the links lies mentioned

xyakks said:
Pretty impressive mr. ink! I just tried it in my current state, and managed 194 words with 73% acuracy. However, it is 1.26am and i have been drinking, and I'm wondering if i'll be sick if i lay down to goto sleep...
Xavier

Be interesting to see how you compare sober minded. :D

Inkheart said:
http://www.readingsoft.com/

I got 465 wpm. Fast enough I suppose. And 91% comprehension.

I scored about the same as you. But, I'm sure that when I am reading a really good book , I can easily top 500 wpm. I've never tried to read fast, but I've always read faster than anyone I've known, but I'm sure its because, growing up, I read more than anyone I knew, and the more you read, generally, the faster you can read.

i got 275 wpm and 91% comprehension. i was eating my lunch at the time though, so a bit distracted. like cajunmama, i also think my read speed increases when i'm reading a really good book

659 wpm, it seems. 82% comprehension. I think both would be far better reading from a page - it made my eyes hurt scrolling down like that!

I must add, that the material, too, can dictate how fast I read. Example, I read Stephen King much faster than Charles Dickens.

@ Jennifer- wow, I'm impressed. :cool:

286 wpm
73% Comprehension

Not a very interesting artical and difficult to read on the screen and scroll.

Cabrasopa :cool:

cajunmama said:
I must add, that the material, too, can dictate how fast I read. Example, I read Stephen King much faster than Charles Dickens.
I have to agree here - some books I could read in an hour, others of the same length might take me a week. Anna Karenina probably took me the longest time to read of anything I've ever read, because I kept skipping back pages to understand certain parts, and because the characterisation depended upon those little throwaway comments from three chapters back.
cajunmama said:
@ Jennifer- wow, I'm impressed. :cool:
That wasn't exactly the effect I was going for, but thanks!

Jenem said:
i also think my read speed increases when i'm reading a really good book

cajunmama said:
I agree with the above two points - though the first point can go either way. If I am reading a good book, sometimes i'll slow down to savour the detalils, though will speed up during an exciting part. If i'm not particularly enjoying the book I actually tend to read faster in order to finish it quicker.

I'm reading Foucault's Pendulum at the moment - I started off reading at my normal pace (fairly fast) and after a few pages I stopped, went back to the beginning and started again, but this time slower (though it is hard to consciously monitor my reading speed). I found it required far more attention than easier reads.

Ice said:
If i'm not particularly enjoying the book I actually tend to read faster in order to finish it quicker.

If I'm not particularly enjoying a book, I finish it really fast...by putting it down and picking up a book I will enjoy. ;)

cajunmama said:
If I'm not particularly enjoying a book, I finish it really fast...by putting it down and picking up a book I will enjoy. ;)

i like that, but i mostly have the urge to finish it..., do you ever have this thing that you read a book and can't stop thinking "when is it over?"

anyway, i think i'm a rather slow reading since i try to grap all the different facts and detailes, sometimes i even stop and look into nowhere to picture the scene i just read, or i lie it down and keep the feeling it gave me...

oh man, i'm weird... :eek:

cajunmama said:
I can't do that - I'm compelled to finish the book. I guess it's slightly different if i'm not very far in but if I have read a certain amount then I have to finish it otherwise it bugs me not knowing what happened :rolleyes:

I just kinda stared at the screen for a while then guessed my way through the comprehension test. 550wpm and 70% accuracy. I guess you're actually supposed to read the reading test eh? :D

Back