• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Want to know how many wpm you read? Click here!

Well, this time around I managed 292 wpm, and during that time i only had 2 anoying pop up adds :rolleyes:

I don't think there's much point in doing the comprehension part, since I've done it already.

Anyway, interesting to see that I managed about 100 words extra, or a 33% increase on when I had been drinking.

cheers

I scored very low but the material is boring and there was too much junk involving numbers. I can't read "numbers" fast - if I read them too fast I will likely miss their meaning.

I don't know about anyone else but I read significantly faster when I'm reading something that interests and/or excites me. Reading dry material is like trying to eat a package of saltines without anything to drink, it takes longer to take it in.

1001 wpm, 100% accuracy.

And it's waaay past my bedtime too.

Wait, let me look at that again: 414 wpm, 82% accuracy.

ds

Ice said:
otherwise it bugs me not knowing what happened :rolleyes:

See, with me, if I'm not enjoying the book, I don't care what happens. Life's too short to slog through a book I can't stand.

direstraits said:
1001 wpm, 100% accuracy.

And it's waaay past my bedtime too.

Wait, let me look at that again: 414 wpm, 82% accuracy.

ds

DS, did you ever consider to go and let your eyes get checked? i can't see any way you could have mistaken the 1 for the 8, with out being almost blind... :eek:

Renee said:
I scored very low but the material is boring and there was too much junk involving numbers. I can't read "numbers" fast - if I read them too fast I will likely miss their meaning.

I don't know about anyone else but I read significantly faster when I'm reading something that interests and/or excites me. Reading dry material is like trying to eat a package of saltines without anything to drink, it takes longer to take it in.
me too. my speed was only 209 with a comprehension of 91. i do believe that when reading an interesting book I read much quicker than that. However, usually i am in no hurry when reading and take my time and enjoy the book.

735 wpm, 73% comprehension. I agree, it was not the most interesting article. I would've done better if it'd been about baseball. :)

muggle said:
me too. my speed was only 209 with a comprehension of 91. i do believe that when reading an interesting book I read much quicker than that. However, usually i am in no hurry when reading and take my time and enjoy the book.

I wouldn't say that I hurry through a book, I simply go with the flow. Someone had said (not sure if it was in this thread) something to the effect that you wouldn't fast forward a movie because you were enjoying more than another. Well neither would you watch the movie in slow motion to savor it.

Some games you play very sedate and some you go gung ho - it all depends on the level of excitement of the game. If you are skipping things because you are anxious to get to the end, then I would agree that you are rushing through it. I'm not skipping anything to get through a book I enjoy, it's just somehow easier to absorb and understand the material. Some books play out like a movie in my head and I'm not even aware of the pace at which I'm reading.

I let the books set the pace . . . I just go along for the ride. :)

Back