• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wanted: Arturo Perez Reverte Fans to start an online fanclub.

Corso

Anyone out there. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!
Oh thank you. Sorry to be a bother but I am kind of obsessed.

Well in my opinion his work on the Dumas Club made him one of the worlds premiere writers. I'd definitely recommend any of his books, but for a newbie I'd suggest The Dumas Club, followed up by The Fencing Master, The Flanders Panel and then The Seville Communion, lastly The Nautical Chart (Recently released in English by Picador) The two best are The Dumas Club and The Seville Communion but the suggested reading order takes account of the variations inb his writing style and I think if I was starting reading him now, that is the order I would use.

Thanks for asking. Please IM me on Yahoo or Aol if you ever have the time.

you can find out about Reverte at the link http://www.bastulli.com/Perez-Reverte/Perez-Reverte.htm#club

Oh yes! I try to read anything he puts out. I loved The Dumas Club! Too bad they made such an awful movie out of it. I especially like books about...mysterious books. The Name of the Rose was another one in that category that I really liked.

I don't think I've read The Nautical Chart yet, but I've read the others. I wish I could read him in Spanish. I'd like to know how much was lost in translation.

I checked out that link and I am at least interested. Don't sign me up yet but the books sound intriguing, so hey, you never know.

Prolixic, I highly recommend The Dumas Club. I'd love to get your impression. Have you seen The Ninth Gate, the movie with Johnny Depp? I remember looking forward to it's release, knowing it was based on The Dumas Club. Unfortunately, it barely resembled the book and worse yet, it was trash.

Well, everything about Alexandre Dumas was absent from the movie, and the main originality of the book was its double plot... The whole thing seemed like a pretext for Polanski to give a big part to his wife, Emmanuelle Seigner...
I like Perez-Reverte a lot: I loved Club Dumas and the Flanders Panel, the Seville Communions was good too. I haven't read The Fencing Master and the Nautical Chart yet...I you like these kind of books (Eco, Perez-Reverte), Iain Pears' "An Instance of the Fingerpost) is also worth reading...

I agree the movie did sales for the book great harm. I would love to direct Depp in a PROPER movie of the book. This time the actresses would at least resemble the characters in the book.
The Fencing Master and the Nautical Chart are both very similar plots. I prefer the earlier work. The Nautical Chart is too meandering.
And yes the Ninth Gate was TOTAL TRASH. I still can't get my wife to read The Dumas Club because of that stinky movie.

Instance Of Fingerpost was great when following the Physicians adventures at the outset. It was a good book but I must confess that I lost interest. Still, I've recently done some work on witch hunts for History and it is realisitically portrayed.

Well, I've just finished The Club Dumas and thought it was quite good. It did, in my opinion, get off to a rocky start, and at times ran afoul of my own personal preferences, but I am encouraged to try some of his other novels.

Back