• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wanted:New Reads Needed

marycathie

kickbox
I just finished Books 1-6 of Harry Potter.:) I love this kind of book.....
wizards,witches,elves,etc.....:D
Just like The Lord of the Rings and All David Eddings books....
Can someone recommend some more authors that write like this....Fantasy,I think.....do not like Sci-Fi:( .....I have read some but not my kind of read.Thanks,Marycathie:p

Raymond Feist, Robert Jordan, Robin Hobb, Holly Lisle, Elizabeth Haydon, Anne McCaffery (The Pern books... very much a close call whether they're fantasy or science fiction... so little of the "science" is seen that it's the story that counts), George R. R. Martin, anything on this page - in fact, check out that entire website.

Anyways... that's a good start, lol. (Yes, I read a LOT of fantasy!)

If you're looking for a Potter-ish book, have you read Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy yet? That's what I'm doing now in anticipation of HP7.

Try the Runelords series by David Farland, or the Xanth series or the Incarnations of Immortality series.. both by Piers Anthony.

Potter-esque

For something a little lighter than Robert Jordan or George R. R. Martin, I like just about any book by Diana Wynne Jones. Her Chronicles of Chrestomanci books are probably the most similar to the Potter books; lots of magic and mysteries to solve. Every book I've ever read by her has been pretty entertaining. I think I'd recommend starting with Witch Week.

Back