• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wayne Dyer's Inspiration

StillILearn

Here is an excerpt from Wayne Dyer's latest book, Inspiration:

To me Ram Dass was and is the finest speaker I have ever heard, period! He was my role model on stage; always gentle and kind, always speaking without notes from his heart, sharing his inspiring stories and always with great humor. I tell you this from my own heart; I could listen to his lectures for hours and always felt saddened when they would end. He was the voice for Applied Spirituality - his life was the model. When he was threatened by having his own private sexual preference exposed, in a time when a closet was the only place that was even mildly safe, Ram Dass called a press conference and proudly announced his preference to the world. He is a hero to everyone who ever lived in fear of any kind of spiteful exposure. He paved the way for tolerance and love when no one else would dare to do so. Most of us could only dream of defying the conventional life and living out our inner callings to promote a cause that was bigger than our own lives - to leave the security of a guaranteed career - to leave a country where comfort was ensured; all to live in a foreign land with few conveniences, traveling and meditating for a more peaceful world. It is what St. Frances did in the 13th century and what Ram Dass did in our lifetime.

If you wish to read more, you may google:

Being there for Ram Dass Wayne Dyer

(My linkie thingie is broken.)

I was into him in the 80's...way back. I read his earlier books. The Sky's the Limit (then) being my favorite. I have not read his newer books.

That was one of Wayne Dyer's first books, wasn't it? Did you ever read any of Ram Dass's?

In 1997 Ram Dass was struck by a semi-paralyzing stroke and was forced to live in a wheelchair. Still he wrote of his adventure in a powerful book titled, Still Here. He continued to travel, though he could no longer walk, and continued to speak to audiences, though he spoke from a slowed down body but still he did it to serve others.

Back