• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Western novelist Elmer Kelton dies

Robert

Western novelist Elmer Kelton dies

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) — Western novelist Elmer Kelton, whose novel The Good Old Boys was made into a TV movie starring Tommy Lee Jones, has died. He was 83. Myrtis Loudermilk, a director at Johnson's Funeral Home in San Angelo, told The Associated Press that Kelton died Saturday of natural causes.
Kelton wrote 62 fiction and nonfiction books. The Good Old Boys was made into a 1995 TV movie starring Jones for the TNT cable network. Kelton also was known for The Man Who Rode Midnight and The Time It Never Rained.

Sorry this is late, I've been busy with other things. Kelton was one of my favorite Western writers.

I have never read anything by Don Coldsmith. I know he won a spur award in 1990, but beyond that. . . ?

I think I'll put him on my list of authors to look for next time I'm at the used book store.

Back