• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are some of your favorite books that changed your life?

Start with these:
Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky- Covers morality, suffering, and judgement. Not a light read.

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie- Great, simple book about dealing with people.

The Death of the West by Pat Buchanan- Essential reading about our current state of affairs.

The g-factor by Arthur Jensen- Psychology book about general intelligence and its heritability (aka think twice about pumping your seed into some dumb slut). Scientifically a very interesting read

James Joyce's Ulysses and Finnegans Wake
The former started my interest in Modernist fiction and I'm currently working on a PhD on the latter.

Up ab0ve I mentioned Dale Carnegie.
It occurs to me since then, I should have also mentioned PsychoCybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.
In case you think you can't do it (whatever), try this one to liberate your thinking.

Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky is one of the best Russian classics. This is one of those books that you really can't drop it when you start reading it. The story really drags you. I even wrote a blog post on it. The approach, the writer takes on human's alienation from the society is fascinating.

An interesting read. Really recommend it to others.

I love Sapiens by Yuval Noah Hariri. I don't exactly agree with a lot of the comments due to my own personal beliefs. But I found a lot very informative and a really good insight into how human beings have developed. Very interesting points made about how when we reach a luxury in our life rather than it being a luxury it becomes a necessity. Such as when postage was replaced with email. Email became a necessity. And has it really improved our lives on increased stress. Very interesting.

Audleys
Lucan

"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho: A philosophical novel about following one's dreams and the journey of self-discovery.

Back