• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you reading - May/June?

Ben Holiday

I have just finished The Vanished Child by Sarah Smith. It was quite good so I am now trying to find the two other books in the series. I am in a coin toss right now between reading Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay or starting the whole Deryni series by Katherine Kurtz. In the end I may just read Tigana then reread the Harry Potter books while waiting for the new one next month.

Recently finished Rules of Attraction by Brett Easton Ellis and I'm now half way throught American Psycho by the same writer.

i reread the 4th harry potter book and at the moment reading my star wars young jedi knights books again (only got the first 3) and when june 21 comes ill be reading the 5th harry potter book and thats probably gonna be all

Well I have ended up reading The Legend Of Nightfall by Mickey Zucker Reichart while searching out the other two Sarah Smith books.

The gospel @ccording to Cole by Rhonda Bartle. I had no idea what this was about prior to buying it. I bought it because 1, she is a local author and 2, I'm hoping to get her to autograph it. Turns out it's the story of an email romance - well, thats what it looks like 1/5th of the way through anyway.

Also reading Thomas the Rhymer by Ellen Kushner.

I've just finished Tom Clancy's Without Remorse

Now I've got to race through books 3 and 4 of the Harry Potter series in readiness for the new release in three weeks.

the alchemist by paulo coelho
it's supposed to be lifechanging but i just fancied an easy read
after my last 600 pager! :D

China Miéville!

I'm reading Perdido Street Station at the moment. What a masterpiece! Next up, I'm trying to decide between a number of books, but I'll probably end up reading either Number9Dream, Going After Cacciato, Requiem for a Dream, The Gunslinger, or The Diamond Age.

Which one do you guys suggest?

I just finished "The Hours" and am now in the process of reading "Mrs Dalloway", which is not an easy read. I've been tempted to quit- but I refuse! I am also reading "Atkins for life". Am already trying to figure out what I should read next- maybe "I am the central park jogger" or "The lovely bones". ~Kalley;)

I'm going to manage "Dune", but I'm not sure if I will read it till the end. I've tried once before - and failed. But my brother urges me that this is a must read.

Finished reading Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk. Love his books, Lullaby so far is my favorite.

After watching the matrix movies, I decided to give Neuromancer by William Gibson a try. It's a great read so far, I'm up to page 90.:cool:

Starting to read Complete Prose by Woody Allen, a collection of short stories, thoughts, observations and selections from his personal diaries.

Back