• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you reading now (end of september)?

Marie

kickbox
I've finished Elizabeth George's "Playing for the Ashes" and just started the book of the month for October: "The Hobbit", but I've only read about 10 pages so it's a bit early to form an opinion.:)

What is everybody else reading?

I just finished The Moon is A Harsh Mistress, by Robert A. Heinlein. I am getting ready to start the Giants series by James P. Hogan. (I guess I'm an incurable SciFi fan.) After that I'll probably reread the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings it seems like good Fall reading to me.

I'm reading Remote Control by Andy McNab. After that I might start to read LOTR or maybe something else before it, as I've already read The Hobbit earlier this year (and enjoyed it :) )

I'm currently reading the third book of a trilogy of J.V. Jones. The three books togheter are called : Book Of Words The individual title of the third book is Master and Fool
After this I'm going to read The hobbit and LOTR. I recently bought the books in English, so I hope I will understand everything (I speak Dutch at home)!!

I just finished reading Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card. It's the second book in his "Shadow" series. While the first one was brilliant, this one was a little tough to finish. I think I'm going to skip the third one (Shadow Puuppets) and give the Prey series by John Sandford a try.

[Edit] I just ran across this message board. I've been looking for some place like this. Seems like a good message board. :) [/edit]

I just finished reading Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card. It's the second book in his "Shadow" series.

I haven't read the Shadow series, but loved the rest of the Ender's series.

I'm reading The Runelords by David Farland. I'm curious if anyone is familiar with this series or with the author.

I'm going to read the Hobbit and Four Feathers next.

"Flowers for Algernon" recommended

This novel is usually on American High School Reading lists, so I avoided it thinking it was written for adolescents, but I was wrong. Great short read.

"Religion Explained" not recommended

non-fiction about evolutionary psychology and the development of religious behavior in humans. I like evolutionary psychology as a subject, but there are better works in the genre than this. Answers are too pat. Check out "The Moral Animal" instead.

Probably will move on to "The Trial" by Kafka after these.

You're absolutely right. Flowers for Algernon is such a good story... I think it even made me cry :eek:

I just finished reading a couple of comics, a silly book called Check Mail, a good book called The Gunslinger, and am about to start The Drawing of the Three and Blood of the Vikings. I wasn't really planning on reading these so soon, but since no library wants to let me read The Hobbit, I can't join in on the discussion... *sigh*

I just finished reading a couple of comics, a silly book called Check Mail, a good book called The Gunslinger, and am about to start The Drawing of the Three

I hope you're enjoying The Dark Tower series. The next long-awaited book in the series should be coming out soon.

For those who are always counting the days until the release of the next Dark Tower book ( like me :D ), here's some info from SK's site:

Steve (sighs): All right, where are you vis à vis The Dark Tower?

S.K. Well, Book 5, Wolves of the Calla, and Book 6, Song of Susannah, are both done-down on paper, anyway. I'd say the last book, which is simply called The Dark Tower, is about a third of the way. That's a total of 1900 manuscript pages since last July. It's easily the biggest project I've ever taken on, and I'm throwing in everything I have. Including a little craft, actually. But I'm tired, so-

Originally posted by Dawn
I hope you're enjoying The Dark Tower series. The next long-awaited book in the series should be coming out soon.
I really am enjoying it... Up until now I'd only read bits and pieces of it, and it's fun to see it all come together like this... :)

Back