• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are your plans for the Summer?

Samerron

I was wondering about my summer and started planning it out, and thought to hear what others are planning for the summer.

For me, I'm planning to work internship in an IT/System Integration company. Plus, I won't have school, so I'm planning to read loooots of books. Novels, historical & political books, self-imporvements, and some religious books.

Also, I'm planning to swim a looot. :D It's already hot here!

What are you plans for the coming Summer?

What are you plans for the coming Summer?[/B][/I]

Pretty much the same stuff I do year round. I'll probably work a bit more as my babysitter just graduated from Grad School and won't start a real job until late August. I've got a garden started and I'll also do some kayaking and take the kid swimming as much as possible.

I'm a tad jealous Aquablue. A beach bum?

I have no plans as such as summer is seven months away down here, and I can barely plan my time a week in advance. I usually spend it complaining about the heat/ at the beach/ sitting under the fan.

This winter I will be complaining about the cold/ at the pub/ sitting next to the heater.

hmm summer? well ive basically got mine all planned out...im going a week to missions camp, and then volunteering at the camp that comes after for a few weeks...and read a lotta books!

Pretty much the same stuff I do year round. I'll probably work a bit more as my babysitter just graduated from Grad School and won't start a real job until late August. I've got a garden started and I'll also do some kayaking and take the kid swimming as much as possible.

Congratulation for finishing from grad school! I bet you can have a nice relaxing time now.
What is your major?

I'll be going to Texas for a convention of sorts. It's more a gathering of a few friends than anything else.

Also, my sweetie from Belgium will be coming to see me for two very short weeks at the end of July. Then, in August, I'll be going to a real convention with him, Archon/NASFic, which shall be awesomeness.

Finishing my novel (point and laugh, I'll join in--but all my shorts have been becoming larger against my own will, and even though I wanted to hold off until I was older before attempting something big, I've decided to jump in early), as it's already been deep in progess during my school year, so now I'll be able to dedicate much more time into it--got a scedule worked out, which is nice.

Read plenty (duh); I've already made my list of books, and thank God there's enough to keep me going.

Work out. I've been so busy with school and writing (well, developing my writing), that my calves have gone from big to normal--I have an ego--and I'm pretty sure my stamina has gone to all hell, as well. Three days per week minimum I'll be running off to the gym.

Finish off my hours on my temps and then wait till the last two months before taking driver's training.

Fencing.

So yeah, summers feeling real good.

Finishing my novel (point and laugh, I'll join in--but all my shorts have been becoming larger against my own will, and even though I wanted to hold off until I was older before attempting something big, I've decided to jump in early), as it's already been deep in progess during my school year, so now I'll be able to dedicate much more time into it--got a scedule worked out, which is nice.

Read plenty (duh); I've already made my list of books, and thank God there's enough to keep me going.

Work out. I've been so busy with school and writing (well, developing my writing), that my calves have gone from big to normal--I have an ego--and I'm pretty sure my stamina has gone to all hell, as well. Three days per week minimum I'll be running off to the gym.

Finish off my hours on my temps and then wait till the last two months before taking driver's training.

Fencing.

So yeah, summers feeling real good.

It seems a hell of a summer. What are you planning to read? What kind of books.

Gym and working out is good idea, I'm thinking of that. I guess I'd do some workout in the days that I don't go swimming :rolleyes:

What are you planning to read? What kind of books.

I'm not sure what kind, but here's the titles of things I am currently reading or planning to read, in no particular order (alphabetical or otherwise, I'll jot them down as they pop to mind)

It, Gerald's Game, and Needful Things, Stephen King
Stuff by Poe
The Smoke Jumper, Nicholas Evans
The Great Gatsby, no one knows this author--he's anonymous
Call Me By Your Name, by some dude
The Secret of Lost Things, by some gal
Fight Club (when I found out this was a book I went completely batshit and ran out to get it), by Chuck Palahniuk
Catcher In The Rye (maybe)
The Assault on Reason, by Gore (...>_>)
Some other non-fiction crap
considering picking up the sequel to Bryce Courtenay's "The Power of One," just because I liked the first book...

...and that's really it, for now. I'm sure I'll find other books on the way--that always seems to happen, doesn't it?--but for now those are on my little mental list to pick up and read when I'm not writing or working out. Most of them are sitting on my desk right now, as well, so that's nice. Got to love the library.

I'm not sure what kind, but here's the titles of things I am currently reading or planning to read, in no particular order (alphabetical or otherwise, I'll jot them down as they pop to mind)

It, Gerald's Game, and Needful Things, Stephen King
Stuff by Poe
The Smoke Jumper, Nicholas Evans
The Great Gatsby, no one knows this author--he's anonymous
Call Me By Your Name, by some dude
The Secret of Lost Things, by some gal
Fight Club (when I found out this was a book I went completely batshit and ran out to get it), by Chuck Palahniuk
Catcher In The Rye (maybe)
The Assault on Reason, by Gore (...>_>)
Some other non-fiction crap
considering picking up the sequel to Bryce Courtenay's "The Power of One," just because I liked the first book...

...and that's really it, for now. I'm sure I'll find other books on the way--that always seems to happen, doesn't it?--but for now those are on my little mental list to pick up and read when I'm not writing or working out. Most of them are sitting on my desk right now, as well, so that's nice. Got to love the library.

I have read the Great Gatsby and Fight Club. I know what you mean when you ran to get Fight Club when you knew about it ...I did something similar... :rolleyes:
Nice choice of books.

Mooch around until i move into new house. Move in and get everything perfect. Get bored of new house. Buy a puppy and be happy again......maybe get some work experience with a canine behaviourist if i can persuade him :) Go back to uni in October!

My summer started a week ago with a trip to Germany. :p

The next three months are my personal summer. I plan to: read books (including the 13 for uni); pack everything up and move house, unpack, and pack for uni; watch the rest of Sailor Moon (about 140 episodes left and a couple of films); play my old computer games and get more; eat lots of noodles; go camping in the woods at least once; and spend lots of time with my boyfriend.

I start university in September, so I'm making the most of my extended after-high-school summer. :D

Congratulation for finishing from grad school! I bet you can have a nice relaxing time now.
What is your major?

Actually my babysitter just graduated. Her major was education. I'm looking into a graduate degree as part of my "five year plan", but I first need to decide what program to do. I'm tossing history, education and public health around, but leaning toward public health.

Actually my babysitter just graduated. Her major was education. I'm looking into a graduate degree as part of my "five year plan", but I first need to decide what program to do. I'm tossing history, education and public health around, but leaning toward public health.
Interesting to hear that. I guess it's always important to have an education plan, especially an academic one. Allow me to ask, what is your "five year plan"... :rolleyes: ?

For me, I still have one more to go to finish my Engineering undergrade, part of this summer I will be doing my internship in a company for two months. I hope it goes well. I want to see how real engineering work goes...:cool:

Well, finals are ending at 12-6 after that we're going to spend our vacation in Romania < Its not my first time there .. I'll Spend my time Reading of course .. Shopping .. and Stuff lol ..

Back