• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What book is this?

Haplo

Hi, I'm new to these forums, my name is Haplo. I am currently writing my own fantasy saga but that has little to do with my question.

I was surfing the web checking out resources probably pertaining to "World Building" (some of you might be familiar with this) when I came across a website of a female author detailing her process of making her stories. I came across a synopsis and map of her world (but I can't recall the name or author, and it's killing me) which I found intriguing, but I totally forgot to bookmark the page!

The story is about this girl who is part of this royal house or clan or something. They are in a feud with another clan but they both decide to meet and make peace between the two. Her family gets totally wiped out in this ambush by the rival house and she is the only one left I think. So she sets off on a quest to find a magical mirror (I think) that has the power to bring people back to life.

Another key fact is that she is a shape shifter (can turn into a werewolf) and I think this has something to do with the title. I think the title or series has 'Wolf' in it somewhere but there are so many books with 'Wolf' in it. One more thing about this character is that the author explained that there are these gods speaking to her, guiding her in what to do, but these gods aren't the most benevolent and have their own plans in mind.

Anyone have any idea what author and series this possibly is?

Why don't you do a search through your History? I sometimes do this. I just start with www.a and proceed through to www.z Sometimes it pulls up the page I was looking for.

I would but I constantly clear out my history =( . I see there are quite a few threads like this and you guys might get tired seeing them but no one knows?

I had a go at searching the net for you... i found a book called 'diplomacy of wolves' could that be it?
It is the first of a series... Written by a woman called Holly Lisle.
Theres something about a mirror that brings back the dead and wolves, and shapshifters. The trilogy is 'The Secret Texts Trilogy'.
Tell me if i got it right :)

Haplo said:
Tartan skirt you found it! Your reward is on its way in the mail as we speak!

Wow how did you go about finding this? I tried so many keywords and websites I just gave up....thanks for the help really!

QUOTE]

No probs! I basically just typed wolf mirror clan blah blah blah, and stuff like that and i found the best match. I can usually find something by usuing good old google. Glad to be of help.

Back