• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What book (or series) would you most like to see made into a movie?

SuperReaderGirl

Forum Owner
Staff member
There are some books that, while reading, I can visualize so well that I sometimes find myself wondering later if I have, in fact, seen the movie. A couple examples for me are the Harry Potter series and Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. I felt like I'd SEEN them when the movies hadn't even been created. :)

Anyway, there is one series that I keep finding myself thinking about over and over and wanting it to be a movie. It's the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. I think my husband - though he would never read the book - would love the story in movie form, as would a great deal of other people. I think it would be perfect for today and the way technology and science are heading. Sadly, I've heard nothing of it being made into a movie. :( I read the books probably 3 years ago and it's funny how much I still think about them and yearn for a movie to be made.

Does anyone else have any books they are wishing would be made into movies?

I would love to see the Death Gate Cycle series, Green Rider Series, Corean Chronicles and the Riyria Revelations turned into movies they were all great books and all had points in them that I thought would be perfect for movie format.

I would love to see the Death Gate Cycle series, Green Rider Series, Corean Chronicles and the Riyria Revelations turned into movies they were all great books and all had points in them that I thought would be perfect for movie format.

I would like to see Clarke's The City and the Stars adapted to the big screen.

I haven't read any of those yet, but have just added all 5 to my list! :)

I'll add Bear's Moving Mars. It would be a natural film as opposed to my first suggestion which would be somewhat challenging.

SRG's to be read pile:

Huge_pile_of_books.jpg

Last edited:
Another Moorcock

The Warhound and the World's Pain.

Maybe a movie would kickstart Mr Moorcock into finishing the sequence.

I just recently finished Discipline by Paco Ahlgren. I heard that this one was being considered for a movie, but nothing has come out of it yet. I think it would be perfect for what is going on in today's world. It was written 7 years ago, and I have to say, it was way ahead of its time as far as predicting what was going to happen in the future. It's a bit unnerving how accurate he was, and it's FICTION! Anyway, I would love to see this as a film. The characters are colorful and controversial at best.

I rather like the films that are a collection of four or five short stories and I'm sure there are many readers on here who can think of a great story to add to a compendium film.

The Religion by Tim Willocks. It is about the Great Siege of Malta and the battle scenes would be epic. It also has a hideous villain and a swashbuckling hero. The only problem is the movie would need to be about 7 hours long.

Back