• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What books do you re-read and why?

Ive re-read a lot of the Dickens novels, and also Jane Eyre, the more you read them the beter underrstanding you get from them.

I am another who has reread 1984 & Animal Farm. I have reread Candide by Voltaire twice and most of the Sherlock Holmes stories numerous times. Dr Seuss and Asterix are books I frequently reread.

Planning to reread The Jungle by Upton Sinclair and Clockwork Orange.

Love Anna Karinina--Poe-Kafka--too many to mention...Has anyone had any luck with self publishing..Have two novels?? Any recommendations??

Love anna karinina--poe-kafka--too many to mention-has anyone tried self-publishing? Any experience with trafford publishing? I have written two novels and wonder if anyone has any recommendations?

I've read Tolkien's "Beowulf: the Monsters and the Critics" two or three times--it is so well done that it is a joy just to read it out loud.

I find myself also returning to C.S. Lewis and G.K Chesterton: great sources of clarity and sanity for such mad and murky times.

Shakespeare's words are always running through my mind--especially Hamlet--does that count?

I re-read 'The Neverending Story' by Michael Ende and 'Oryx and Crake' by Margaret Atwood at least twice each year.

I was just spell-bound by 'The Neverending Story' when I was a child and just didn't stop reading it.

The characters and the tragedy of 'Oryx and Crake' are just amazing. It is now being turned into a trilogy, with 'The Year of the Flood' and the third book which is not out yet.

Back