• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What comics would make good movies?

753C

It seems like Hollywood is churning out comic book movies as fast as possible. What comics or graphic novels would you love to see on the big screen?
I'll start:

From DC:
Lobo
Manhunter (the 70's Archie Goodwin/ Walt Simonson version, not the Martian)
Ronin - Frank Miller

From Marvel:
Doctor Strange
Silver Surfer (A nicely done version would be great)

They really need to make a new Spawn movie. The last one did not do the comic justice, and with the superior special effects now, this could be amazing.

They really need to make a new Spawn movie. The last one did not do the comic justice, and with the superior special effects now, this could be amazing.
Yessss. I completely agree. The soundtrack was amazing, but damn, that movie was horrible. They need to do a nice R-rated version for sure.

I want to see a well done, R rated Sandman or Death (both by Neil Gaiman). I think Death was in the works at one point. Could've been rumors.

Also, Bill Willingham's Fables would be bad ass as well.
I just love DC's Vertigo...

As much as I would love to see Sandman or Death, I don't think Hollywood could ever do them justice.

Just thought of another couple of titles, though they are a little obscure. Anyone remember Savage Henry or The Post Bros ?

Back