• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do Democrats, Republicans, and Independents all agree on?

he seems to be rapidly heading towards a bit of a melt down which is very sadly the the price of fame for some people.

sigh he is just a kid who was thrust into the limelight and boy what a bright light it was/is .... I've seen how many adults crash and burn under lesser strain ... its very sad what happens to people in the name of fame, regardless of how likeable or unlikeable they may be.

sigh he is just a kid who was thrust into the limelight and boy what a bright light it was/is .... I've seen how many adults crash and burn under lesser strain ... its very sad what happens to people in the name of fame, regardless of how likeable or unlikeable they may be.

I agree with you. I don't like Justin Bieber, but I think that all the hurtful things that people say about him is ridiculous and rude. If people said that to me, I would cry and huddle in a corner.

I agree with you. I don't like Justin Bieber, but I think that all the hurtful things that people say about him is ridiculous and rude. If people said that to me, I would cry and huddle in a corner.

What irks me is that it is all justified under the blanket of 'it's the price of fame'. I can't tell you how strongly I disagree. No-one said that because XZY is famous that that gives you the right to say stuff about them you wouldn't dream of saying to any one else.

While many people do indulge in incredibly hurtful gossip behind other's backs most will scream blue murder if a whiff of anything similar is said about them, and do feel some shame if caught out in their gossiping, but the same kind of morality does not seem to attach itself to saying stuff about famous people which I can never fathom. They are just ordinary folks who go to the bathroom the same as any one else on the planet who happen to have some talent or the misfortune to be born into a famous family. For some reason there is little or no sense of empathy for the famous. No thought of, as you expressed, 'if it was me". Well the famous are just ordinary folks, often with more problems with insecurity than you and I have, who have put themselves in a position of having the entire world (or so it must seem) to stand in judgement of everything you say and do.

Think for a moment if every word you said, every clothing choice you made, every move you made, was up for the same level of scrutiny. A. how would your words and choices fair? B. how would you feel when criticized to the level the famous are?

Back