• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What does color of font mean and which to use on self-help ebook?

bookpro01

Can someone tell me (from experience) which font color they used (besides black) in a ebook they wrote to make it look more exciting, get readers to read the whole ebook (mine is about 80 pages), and among other reasons for it?:)

In addtion, can anyone tell me which font color (besides black) I should use for a self-improvement ebook to make it more varied and readable, and will make people want to finish my ebook all the way to the end (my main reason for asking this question)? ;)

Since most e-book readers (Kindle, Sony, etc) can only show black and white, I'd say font colour is pretty irrelevant.

And I very much doubt that different colours would make any reader above the age of 5 finish a book they wouldn't finish otherwise.

If font color does not effect much to readers then how come sites like marketsamurai.com, contentbuzz.com use that on the sale page? There must be the reason for it and in the same way I want to have the same effect on my readers for very smallof the sentences I will use a different font color rather then just black. So, isn't that a better choice since I am just copying expert sites like marketsmurai.com, etc.?

And, the ebook is only in PDF or on my website and will not be publish yet on kindle or any other similar item.

Hi,
Our main purpose of writing any page is making more attractive, look better and seprate font presentation.we must use black ,white ,other colorfull font it's don't matter.whole dependency on paper is presentation.
If we are using some word that have extra detail then makes them different format or in different presentation view.

You might give some thought to the fact that among your readers there will be a fair number of people - mostly males - who are color-blind. So my advice, if you must use color, would be to read up on color-blindness and then choose your palette accordingly. Or not. Good luck, however you choose to do it.

If the ebook application accepts HTML color tags, it should be simple to change the color of words or phrases in the text, with blue, for instance.

Dave

Instead of changing the colour of the font, why not change the type of font ie Arial vs Times New Roman vs whatever? Just make sure it's very readable. That is more important than being original.

Since most e-book readers (Kindle, Sony, etc) can only show black and white, I'd say font colour is pretty irrelevant.

And I very much doubt that different colours would make any reader above the age of 5 finish a book they wouldn't finish otherwise.

This.

Personally, if it was not a textbook and not used sparingly I wouldn't finish the book.

Remember back in the day when desktop publishing was new to the scene and people used this new tool to make a brochure or flier and use every single font and style in their arsenal? Same thing.

Back