• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what is the need to put a disclamer? What does it protect against?

bookpro01

I am writing my own self-help religion book with my own personal advice and opinions. Is it necessary that I have to put a disclaimer for some reason? I am not using any copyright work. Therefore, should I put a disclaimer or not so I don't have to deal with people suing me because they didn't like my personal advices and opinion?

Ask a lawyer. That's what they're there for. Better to spend $150 and learn you don't need one instead of having to pay because you should have had one.

Um, I don't think this needs a lawyer. A disclaimer is something used to distance a person, corporation, or other entity from an opinion or comments of someone else. Such as: The information given on this program (or by this announcer, etc) is not necessarily shared by National Public Radio or its affiliates.

If YOU've written it, or advised it, how are you going to disclaim it? With a proviso in the beginning of the book? I hereby disavow that the advice and religious views that I've written and published is my own opinion? The religious advice given might be hazardous, don't try this at home?

If you publish your opinion, you're stuck with it, podnuh. It's the other sharp edge of the freedom of speech sword.

And that's my opinion.

JohnB

Hi bookpro01!
According your internal view, you are working to express your religious view in the book as manual format.It's good.
you are writing someone that related to human and you will mention all statement related to religious view.All the religious views follow same truth.If any other writes something of same topic that will match sometimes.
If that person copies whole data same as your manual then it's illegal.

Back