• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what i've been missing

wetsand

Hi All, I never knew!:( ....this was here. Thanks and praise be. After my 'discovery' earlier today, I've spent more time here tonight. Can someone please tell me what a spoiler is? I daresay if I did some searching around I could find the meaning but it's been a long day and I'm feeling too lazy and Morpheus is calling; besides I've spent far too much time reading interesting posts rather than get a quick-self-educate on forum-speak. Goodnight :)

wetsand, hello and welcome.

A spoiler is a summary or description of a narrative (or part of a narrative) that relates plot elements not revealed early in the narrative itself. Moreover, because enjoyment of a narrative sometimes depends upon the dramatic tension and suspense which undergird it, this early revelation of plot elements can "spoil" the enjoyment that some consumers of the narrative would otherwise have experienced. - courtesy of Wikipedia

You can read about spoiler tags on this thread

If Morpheus calls again, have him leave a message after the tone.

Welcome. :)

If you don't want to ruin a book by knowing what happens, avoid reading spoilers, as you can see by the description above.

Hi there, Occlith and VTC, Many thanks for your explanation. Makes perfect sense really, doesn't it? :) My only excuse is that when I posted that query I was sooo tired I doubt if I'd have recognised my own name. Fortunately, Morph. is a long way from me today :D
Hope you both have a good weekend. w.s.

Back