• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What new TV shows are you watching?

Violanthe

What new tv shows have you watched this fall? Which ones have promise? Which did you try but didn't like? Which ones surprised you?

Er, Lost Series 1(!) I realise it's not new, but it's new to me as I don't have satellite TV. I'm enjoying it very much so far, but I hope it doesn't go the way of The X Files and never explain any of the mysterious things that are happening.

The only new show I make a point of watching is "Gray's Anatomy". Lot's of interesting, complex and quirky characters. My cuppa tea.

I'm watching Survivor: Palau. Not new in America, I know, but we still have a few episodes left to go here. I don't regularly tune into any others shows, though. I'll watch Desperate Housewives (Season 1 here) every now and then, though I don't make a point of watching it.

None. I haven't watched TV in over a month, thanks to college. I wanted to watch Night Stalker, My Name is Earl and Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 5, but we don't get cable up at school.

Battlestar Galactica (season 1) is rocking my socks off, and I'm revisiting Firefly, for the sake of the Serenity film coming up.

Other than that, British comedy Spaced and crappy sci-fi show The 4400.

I haven't found many new shows that really tickle my fancy this fall. However, "Bones" on FOX has some good potential.

Laguna Beach..at first I didn't really like it but now I watch it every time it comes on...I like the drama.

Making the band 3...I love this show...I love how diddy is putting them through hell and I can't wait to see who he finally picks.. I just know that who ever they are they will have talent.

SusiePie said:
I haven't found many new shows that really tickle my fancy this fall.

Yep. I am watching less and less tv as I get older. I watch the news a lot, and that's about it. TV, compared to books, just seems a bit watered down.

I only discovered the West Wing during season 6, so now I am keeping myself busy watching the DVD's I bought and reruns on Bravo to catch up. Needless to say, even though the idiots at NBC moved the show to Sunday night, I'm a very faithful viewer! I also watch CSI: Las Vegas. Not new, but it's the only CSI I watch, and my favorite.

I also try to catch E-Ring and The Office. I watched quite a few of the UK version of Office w/my sister's hub (he's English and swears the Office is the funniest thing ever) and I laughed my butt off! So far the American version is pretty good.

Those are the only major network shows I watch. Everything else is cable news and the Travel channel when they are actually showing travel shows, not shows about theme parks, poker tournaments or the world's biggest RV's or some such nonsense.

peacefield said:
I also try to catch E-Ring and The Office. I watched quite a few of the UK version of Office w/my sister's hub (he's English and swears the Office is the funniest thing ever) and I laughed my butt off! So far the American version is pretty good.
The Office is one of my favourite shows ever. It's hilarious! The only problem with it is that I feel so badly for David most of the time - I actually go red for him sometimes when he is making a total ass out of himself. The American version doesn't come anywhere close to the UK version, IMO. The Uk version is just pure genious.

I'm watching House, now, with a fabulous Hugh Laurie. Excellent show, very intelligent and witty.

Besides that I'm also watcing Prison Break, a relatively new show about, you guessed it, a prison break. Seen two episodes sofar and it looks to be entertaining.

This season I've been watching:

Mondays
Surface
Arrested Development

Tuesdays
Scrubs
House

Wednesdays
LOST

Thursdays
My Name Is Earl

Fridays
Arrested Development - FEBRUARY 10! ;)

Sundays
Desperate Housewives
Grey's Anatomy

Shows i tried but hated: Bones, Invasion, Emily's Reasons Why Not
Shows that are ok but that i don't watch regularly: Boston Legal, In Justice

I'm not watching anything anymore - just the news channels. Anything else tries my patience. It all sucks.

I've heard good things about Arrested Development, and I've been meaning to check it out. That is, if I can find a way to rent or borrow the first season.

i hope for your sake that you can. Arrested Development is quite funny. it's too bad FOX keeps wanting to cancel it. i'm hoping Showtime picks it up soon.

Back