• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What scares you the most...

Muggers. Home invaders. The guy in the bar who is expressing his political opinions loudly
and aggressively and is just aching for someone to disagree, however moderately, so that
he can have, at least to his satisfaction, an excuse and opportunity to use his fists and his
boots on someone who is not wholeheartedly with him in his bigotry and his cherished
ignorance.
I suppose I just hate violent people.

I started wondering whether my post had been a bit too serious,but re-reading this thread in daylight
it looks as if some people did take the topic deadly seriously (e.g. drowning, the deaths of loved ones) while
other suggestions were surely tongue-in-cheek joking. (Does anybody really go in fear of meeting a
zombie(!)) or actually worry about aliens ( alien beings from Outer Space, that is, not the ones from
other countries who are so inconsiderate as to not look or sound just like us)?
But I do genuinely fear, and there are enough cases to show that my fear is not paranoia, that when I
am in some crowded place among people I don't know, even our local supermarket for instance, my
wife or I could do or say something, even if it is totally non-political and simply misunderstood, which
will trigger a reaction from one of the people/vicious fanatics who, as I said, are ready and even eager
to use violence against the "other", even to the point of exercising their damned "Second Amendment
Rights".
This kind of thing has happened, and it is not paranoid to visualize it increasing.

I started wondering whether my post had been a bit too serious,but re-reading this thread in daylight . . .

This kind of thing has happened, and it is not paranoid to visualize it increasing.

Agreed, it is certainly NOT paranoid to envision it happening!
Not any more.
Glad to see you and your post!
Peder

psychological series that tells a truth we all try to avoid through its plot and then you realize....."wow, holy crap"
mind blown , scared.

Back