• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What the Hell?! Post deletion blows!

StillILearn said:
Go on ahead and make the kinds of posts that you would like to be reading.

Isn't that exactly what's causing the problems?

Some get bashed for posting about a specific author, or book.
Some get bashed for posting in text-speak.
Some get bashed for using slang.
Some get bashed for being blunt, and harshly honest.
Some get bashed for spelling, and/or grammar mistakes.
Some get bashed for too much posting in General Chat.

I had to start my own forum to post the way I want.

Posting in a style that you like to read is what's causing some of the issues. Apparently what some members want is for people to post in a specific style, and with a specific etiquette.

Conformity sums it up in a word. That's a bit different than post in the style that you like to read.

steffee said:
What about the Bulgarian?

I do wonder where (or who, rather) this Russian influence may be! ;)
The ordinary trilingual Nabokov has definitely met his match in the Bulgarian! :D

Zolipara said:
There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that take it as a personal insult when someone disagrees with them. Unfortunately it seems that its the same people that reports posts to the mods for deletion.
The PMs were not disagreeing with me by sending me that PM - they were scolding me for "insulting" posts. As I don't believe myself or my posts to be rude or unwelcoming, I did take offense, yes.
What I would like to know is when I reported a post for deletion? I am extremely confused by that part :confused:

The forum is looking more and more like a chatroom for a certain group of people, where any real discussion is frowned upon.
I agree. The level of spam has subsided lately as a result of a major portion of the former "TBF clique" leaving, but I still believe that spam is a bit of a problem. The most you can do is ignore it though, it seems - do anything else and you are labelled an "elitist" or slammed as a "kill joy"

MonkeyCatcher said:
The PMs were not disagreeing with me by sending me that PM - they were scolding me for "insulting" posts. As I don't believe myself or my posts to be rude or unwelcoming, I did take offense, yes.
What I would like to know is when I reported a post for deletion? I am extremely confused by that part :confused:

You misunderstand. It was not targeted at you but the ones that have reported posts like yours.

but I still believe that spam is a bit of a problem.
If it stayed in the general chat area it would not be a problem, but every thread with more than 2 pages end up as a chatty thread filled with spamm.

Zolipara said:
You misunderstand. It was not targeted at you but the ones that have reported posts like yours.
Ah, yeah I guess I read it wrong. I apologise.

If it stayed in the general chat area it would not be a problem, but every thread with more than 2 pages end up as a chatty thread filled with spamm.
Again, I agree totally. It's as if people have an aversion to staying somewhere near on topic (I say as I veer right off topic :p )

Back