• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What to read next?

Wilco

I've read a lot of self-help books, in the line of "Excuse me... your life is waiting", "The ant and the elephant", "Think! And grow rich", "How to make friends and influence people".

I also read my share of business oriented books such as "Freakonomics", "Good to Great", "No logo", "The E Myth", "Anatomy of Buzz".

Books I could not finish include "On the origin of species" and "Power vs Force".

I am now working my way through my last two books, and need a fresh stash of reading material for the holiday season. I think I am pretty much done with the self-help books, as they all seem to come down to the exact same point. If someone knows of a book that takes another angle I'd love to hear about it. I'd like to read more business books, but am not sure what relatively new books are worth the read.

Long story short: recommendations please!

Is my message just not making any sense, or did I post this in the wrong forum? I'm confused now...

In my experience this forum does not have a lot of non-fiction fans. Particularly in the self-help & business genres. Mostly a fiction crowd around here. There are of course exceptions.

Have you tried Gladwell's books? *blink and The Tipping Point? What about The Long Tail by Chris Anderson? Thomas Homer Dixon has a new book called The Upside of Down which looks interesting. His last book, The Ingenuity Gap was well received. Then there's the myriad of environmental books that are worth looking at.

Maybe you could try posting this, or messaging a moderator, and have this moved to non-fiction where you'll find a greater amount of non-fiction reader traffic.

Business-book/fiction

Try Liar's Poker - a true story of how '80s Salomon traders made millions and acted like idiots. It's factual/fun/fiction in one take.

Back