• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Type of Books Are These Called?

SilentExecute

Greetings,

This is my first post on this and I am really pleased to be here. My question is about a type of book which I don't know the name of but I can describe. I'm looking for the type of book which is "interactive" in a sense. For example:

You walk into an abandoned shack and you see a dagger on a table. Switch to page # to pick it up. Or page # to ignore the dagger.

Sorry for the bad example but that's the best I could up with :p. So if any of you happen to know the name of this type of book then please tell me! Thanks in advance!

Also, there was an app on the app store (App Store) which is like this but you input a command on what to do such as "/look" to look around. Or "/open" to open a door. Thanks once again!

Greetings,

This is my first post on this and I am really pleased to be here. My question is about a type of book which I don't know the name of but I can describe. I'm looking for the type of book which is "interactive" in a sense. For example:

Sorry for the bad example but that's the best I could up with :p. So if any of you happen to know the name of this type of book then please tell me! Thanks in advance!

Also, there was an app on the app store (App Store) which is like this but you input a command on what to do such as "/look" to look around. Or "/open" to open a door. Thanks once again!
They are called gamebooks, and I have loads of them! :) The Choose Your Own Adventure series of books is probably one of the more famous ones, but there are plenty of these around, like the Fighting Fantasy series or the Lone Wolf books.

Back