• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What would better your life?

What would better your life?

• Money?

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Better carrer?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Fame or the knowing of more people?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Better health?

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
as a kid, i used to always think about, will i eat today, and if so what? and in winter, because i didnt have much clothes for warmth i was always crying from being so damn cold. we didnt have electric in winter sometimes, and the toilet always stopped up, we would go outside or in a bucket. and we didnt have toilet paper sometimes, i know what its like to be literaly dirt poor. growing up this way made me just so sick and tired of being poor. but even though all that crap happened to me, still if it came down to it, id never change a thing cause it taught me to be thankful for what i have that some make take for granted because they never new what it was like to be without. i was always trying to be positive cause thats all i had to keep me waking up everyday. when your real poor you know all you have is to try to make your life a little better the best you can or its more deppressing. now im a little better off, i always have food, and i have clothes shelter heat electricity and water, everything i "need" to live. and im grateful for it all. but to pay rent you need money. i wish i could pay rent by just cooking something for my landlord. but it dont work that way. our world is based on peices of paper that pays for our every human need and want. whether we died cause we needed money or whether we died and had money but died from another cause. with or without, we all die in the long run....but my point is, id rather not die cause i had no money to by my medicine or food.

lahondas said:
when your real poor you know all you have is to try to make your life a little better the best you can or its more deppressing. now im a little better off, i always have food, and i have clothes shelter heat electricity and water, everything i "need" to live. and im grateful for it all. but to pay rent you need money. i wish i could pay rent by just cooking something for my landlord. but it dont work that way. our world is based on peices of paper that pays for our every human need and want. whether we died cause we needed money or whether we died and had money but died from another cause. with or without, we all die in the long run....but my point is, id rather not die cause i had no money to by my medicine or food.

I can understand this deeply. I guess i can feel some desperation, or despair or some other kindof feeling that is deepdown inside you. (of course, it is possible that I may be wrong. )

I think my point is that just do not lose hope!! :) That is what is on my mind.

Best wishes, :)

Back