• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What would you classify it as?

jaynebosco

I bought In Cold Blood by Truman Capote today (found it at a bookstore I like to shop at) and was wondering how this book would be classified as. I have seen it as being classified as being True Crime. :confused: Is this correct?

Yeah, true crime, but I've seen it classified as Fiction before. :confused: I think it's a "fictionalised" account of a true event. :confused: Correct me if I'm wrong, someone. :)

Capote himself called it a "non-fiction novel". By all accounts I've seen and read, it's pretty much factually true - he spent years talking to the murderers, and even interfered to some extent in their trial. Still, it's a novel. Don't ask me to explain how that works. Just read it, it's pretty darn good.

beer good said:
Don't ask me to explain how that works.

I assume that he "fictionalised" the events that the murderers couldn't have known, or that he couldn't facts about, like maybe what the murdered family did that day, etc. I'm not sure. :confused:

Back