• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What you can do with a book besides reading it

This IS a funny thread, I agree--and while I've been sitting here enjoying it and smiling, I remembered something: ever since hubby and I moved into this house--17 years ago--there's been a thick, paperback copy of Star Wars wedged between a pipe and the ceiling in our basement, where we have our laundry machines. The pipes vibrate, and someone loved that book so much that they used it as a muffler!

I smack my head with them (hard). That's why I'm always dizzy. It's an easy and free way to get a head rush. Excuse me if I sound stoned, I'm now using a hardcopy volume...ahhh (that's the ticket).

What's a little blood now-and-then when the high is groovy.

They make great cat attractors. Just open one up, stare at it (you don't need to actually read) and a cat will inevitably plop down right on the text. Works every time!

I wonder if it could get a cat out of a tree... hmmmm...

Works not just with books: start typing, and one of my cats will inevitably spread itself out on the keyboard... and press down at least one keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well, I can't think of anything right now that you could really do with the books besides the obvious, but you certainly could arrange them beautifully on your bookshelf. I once saw this picture of books sorted by the color of their spines. It looked really pretty.

I have used some old abandoned text books for safes. It's really easy. All it takes is a knife, some glue and some water. It's a lot of fun. You can usually find some outdated book like "The American Medical Guide to Ear Infections 8th Edition," or something of the like.

Here's another fun project. Tired of choose your own adventures leading you in a direction you don't want to take? Have more freedom with choose your own sentences!
http://www.diyhappy.com/choose-your-own-sentences-book/

Turn that old book into a new and exciting one.

Personally, I rarely do buy books with which I can do more than reading.

But in "Woman in Berlin" book, poeple use the Hitler's propaganda books for making fire and warm up a bit.

There was also one place where the woman read a book where a scene of uneaten food was described. She ate that uneaten food from the book with her eyes.

Back