• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Whats better - Magician or Sword of Shannara?

simonj

Which book do you love more, Raymond Fiest's Magician or Terry Brooks Sword of Shannara? (or perhaps the question should be which do you hate least?)

I personally prefer Sword..I never finished reading Magician but I want to re-read it one day.

Simon

This is a tough question, they are both incredibly awful on almost every level. If I had to choose I'd go with Feist but it's like picking whether to shoot myself in either my left or right..well you get the point.

I didn't think Feist's Magician was that bad. Sure, it was very flawed, it wasn't entirely original, but it had some good parts and I think it's clear he's more original than Brooks (the Kelewan part at least). Perhaps I was just lucky to read Feist as one of the first fantasy authors I read, but I remember him being distinctly better than Eddings, and IMO he's at least an equal to Jordan at his best with Magician. Of course, Magician is his best novel.

For the page boy turned most powerful wizard/warrior/choose your archtype cliche, Feist pretty much does it best. i would go with Feist's riftwar saga and just keep reading them all, up to conclave of shadows then stop lol cause the conclave series is stupid.

Back