• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's missing in the picture book world?

Motokid

I spent years searching for a children's picture book that reflected my interests. I figured maybe my kids would find it interesting too, and we could share these things together. I never found the book I was looking for, so I wrote it myself. It's now published and satisfying a niche that previously had not exisited.

How many of you are finding a void in reading material for very young kids?
What type of stories are you looking for, but can't seem to find? Maybe people here could help direct you to a hidden gem?

It doesn't always have to be about teddy-bears.

If you could create your own picture book for your kids, what would it be about?

Motokid said:
If you could create your own picture book for your kids, what would it be about?

My son and I made lots of picture books together when he was very small (2-4). Some titles were "Where's My Cup of Tea?", "Tid, the Sunlion" and "Life of Ducka." They were mostly about things happening in his life at the time, things he's said or made up. They are family treasures now.

They gave us a great opportunity for imagining, creating, using colors, fantasy characters, and just making jokes. I think collaboration with a kid on something like that is great fun.

Back