• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's the longest you've ever read with little interuption?

ILoveBonzo

Hey, I'm new here. I searched the forums for this topic, but I didn't find anything.

The longest I've gone is only two hours--I'm easliy distracted. :)

I've read literally from dawn til dusk. I can read for hours with no interruptions or desire to do anything else. Of course, I don't do it very often cos of the other demands on my time!

As a conservative guess, I'd say the longest I've read is about 13 hours (with a break for food).

dont know exactly, but lets say my last memorable reading spree, 16 hours with breaks, in my last madrid mexico flight, i must had read about 10 hours in a row with pauses only to go to the bathroom and to eat those delicious airline meals :rolleyes: in the plane and about 6 hours in a very lonely airport until my next flight at 6 am

but i would venture i had read sometimes up to 20 hours or so, you know those days that sudenly you say, wait is morning already? :eek:

Three days. Honestly. Only breaking for meals, shower and sleep. About once a year (if I am very lucky) I get to go on a silent religious retreat at a Jesuit retreat house. One year, I just wasn't in the mood to sit and listen to the talks the retreat director was giving, so I stayed in my room, reading. I only left to go to meals in the dining room and mass in the evenings. It was nice, believe me. I am eager to repeat it.

Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately i don't sleep very well so i get up early a lot which means i can read for a few hours before the rest of the family get up.
Mostly though i read for 10,20,30 minutes, as many times in a day as i can. A Book is always close at hand.

Cabrasopa :cool:

i don't really know, but i would say about 20 hours... since i stay up at night and i'm living in the woods right now..

ILoveBonzo said:
Hey, I'm new here. I searched the forums for this topic, but I didn't find anything.

The longest I've gone is only two hours--I'm easliy distracted. :)

About 4-5 hours if it is a philosophy book or if it is just so interesting I can't even get off to eat. This is the longest time I can go without interruption.

With little interruptions like eating snacks/breakfast/lunch (while still reading), drinking milk, coke, and anything like that, I can go for about 7-10 hours, only on weekend.

I really admire cajumama, for reading continuously for 3 days, though with little interruptions. :p

2 days stopping for food and one session of sleep, Finished the book, I am a 217 word per minute person, so I teake my time.

In one session, 18 hours I guess, food and toilet breaks included of course

Last summer I spent about 8 days reading, only stopping to sleep and eat. Don't know what the longest I have spent without any type of break is, but probably about 6-10 hours.

clueless said:
Why stop to eat? Do you mean that you have never read while you eat?
Partly because my parents drilled into me "no reading at the dinner table!", partly because some things require two hands to eat, and partly because I love to eat as much as I love to read and I like to give each one my full attention.

cajunmama said:
Partly because my parents drilled into me "no reading at the dinner table!", partly because some things require two hands to eat, and partly because I love to eat as much as I love to read and I like to give each one my full attention.

i should try that... maybe then i wouldn't cut myself soo often anymore... :eek:

Back