• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's the Most You Paid for a Single Book?

It depends. Textbook can be extremely expensive but fiction or books for my own pleasure anyway i try not to pay more than 10-15$

The most expensive book would be "Ein überdimensionales Meerschwein frisst die Erde auf", a biography about a german punk band. It's not easy to translate this title, maybe "The earth will be eaten by an oversized guinea pig" will work. I paid 52 Euro for this book (about $ 67.45).

A textbook for a Shakespeare course; it was the Norton Anthology of Shakespeare and was about $100. I've kept it and I plan on keeping.

Shakespeare here too jaynebosco. I paid over $100 for the Riverside several years ago. It's a gorgeous volume and the sheets are wispy thin and make a satisfying noise as they turn. But I'm thinking that the notes and references are what make it special and pricey.

£65 (Irish punts, as it was at the time). For a 1st Edition copy of 'Potrait of a Rebel Father' by 'Nora Connolly O'Brien.'
It's probably worth more now. It's an antique of sorts.

$17 for "Where the Wild Things Are" for my son. I had no idea. I was in one of those christmas shopping modes, had the clerk get the book from the back, and ring me up. Then I looked at my receipt. Now, I frown at anything more than $12.

Back