• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's the name of this book? (stumped)

schlad

I remember reading a book ages ago that I really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title/author/etc. Any help in figuring this out is appreciated!

The story revolved around 2 men (friends/brothers?) who somehow got from our world to a fantasy world. Thing is, these 2 guys were expert martial artists and used their skills to help them survive in the fantasy world.

One scene that sticks out is one guy getting attacked by an evil unicorn (yes, evil) and he chops of the unicorn's horn and beats it. (Yes, I know this is all completely random sounding). The only other thing I seem to remember is that the two guys were maybe pitted against each other, or became enemies? Not sure on that though.

So.... any ideas?

Thanks, all.

Well, I can't be sure but I read the begining on one of the Wrinkle in Time books a while ago and it sounds somewhat like that. I do remember that the author however was Madeleine L'Engle. I could be wrong cause I had only read the begining of the book! ^^;;

Wow, can this thread get the Most Vacuous Award for this week?

What's going on here? The query is like a year old. Think old schlad's still checking back?

If someone throws a penguin in here, at least there'll be something to eat.

He might be! :p

It's because we Mods are earning our Hobnobs and moving all these threads from the genre categories to the book search forum.

Actually the reason I replied was because after the original post reminding me about the book. So I now want to know what book it is. :)

Wow... talk about completely random....

I remembered searching for the title of this book ages and ages ago.... but didn't remember posting this or even registering at this site. Imagine my surprise when I go to register and my regular username is taken... by myself.

So I'm back and still looking for this book title. Didn't even think to check before posting so there is an extra post on this now.

http://forums.thebookforum.com/showthread.php?p=181942#post181942

That can probably be deleted if we can just stick to one topic. (Even though it is a year and a half old. lol)

I think that the book you are talking about is called "Brothers Of The Dragon" or something like that, i cannot remember the author at the moment, and I am in school, i will find it for you later.

Back