• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's your favourite word? And worst?

StillILearn said:
CDA, I saw a pickup truck with an exact and immense replica of your avatar on its door parked outside my house the other day. I did a doubletake (as you can imagine), and saw that it had the words "ATOMIC PRINTING" written beneath. I had to laugh! :D It wasn't you, was it?

Lol - 'twas not I! If I saw a truck outside my house with that on the side I'd be doubletaking as well.:)

Billy said:
My favourite words are: stuff and thing. I have the worlds worst memory and when I can't remember what you call something I can just say, "Bring me that stuff" or "Get me that thing."

In our house we use words like scooby, flurvel and wizza-wazza for words we can't think of. Stuff and thingy feature quite a lot too.

I hate complicated words for simple things like peripheral extremities instead of boundary fence.

I love words people use when they are surprised; they're always so spontaneous!! (being the nature of surprise).

A favourite: egad!

Least favourite word: whenever people use the word 'literally' when they aren't actually being literal e.g - "I literally died when I heard that". NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

Sorry for the craziness, it just bugs me when people no speaka English good.

What is Your Favorite WORD?

My word is, get ready for this one:

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

It's a 45-letter word supposed to refer to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of volcanic ash. :eek:

It's my favorite word, NOT! I must ponder this one folks for I do not have a favorite word...yet.

What's your favorite word??

awww.writeexpress.com_g_webstersdictionary_big.jpg

synchronicity:

1. The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.

2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

Maybe that's my word, maybe not. Hmmm. :confused:

I've been researching since this thread was posted and I think I have a few favorites:
schadenfreude: pleasure derived from another's misfortune
tatterdemalion: a person dressed in tattered or ragged clothing
:)

Bootylicious? Fergielicious? Do those count? :p Just Kidding!!!!!:p

I’d have to say my favorite word is………….Facetious it describes my personality to the tee, I intend to be humorous but often am silly or inappropriate.
:D

Off the top of my head, I like delicious (as pronounced by Buster in AD when he's thinking of an english muffin).

Can I say my least favourite word? Please?

Surreptitiously . Ironically, I've never seen that word used in a subtle way.

Back