• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's your most exciteble read ?

jufoo

i read just about everything i can get my hands on but sometimes.... certain books just beckon to you. anyone read Jonathan Kellerman series. First book was When the bough breaks.

'The Pillars of the Earth' ~ Ken Follett :eek:

Looking forward to the sequel
which he say's his working on now 'Whiteout' has been published.

jufoo said:
i read just about everything i can get my hands on but sometimes.... certain books just beckon to you. anyone read Jonathan Kellerman series. First book was When the bough breaks.
I have read a cold heart by jonathan kellerman which i really enjoyed :)

JMS said:
'The Pillars of the Earth' ~ Ken Follett :eek:

Looking forward to the sequel
which he say's his working on now 'Whiteout' has been published.
I didn't know a sequel was coming. Ok, that goes on my TBR.

I absolutely LOVE the Harry Potter series!! I read the first 5 books in 2 weeks and when book 6 came out I devoured it quickly! They managed to keep me on my toes and even now I'm still anxious as to how it will all end!!!!!

The second book of The Aquasilva Trilogy, Inquisition, was so intense I was short of breath and my adrenalin was pumping when I turned the last page. It was amazing, I seldom experience books so gripping and engaging as that.

Call me a literature nerd, but The Scarlet Letter had me on the edge of my seat. The portrayal of guilt was so intense.

George R.R Martin's a Song Of Ice and Fire. Probably going to have to wait 12 more years for the series to be finished but oh well :D

I'll add Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon. It was a book of a type I haven't really read before for real, and it was quite gripping, especially towards the end, where I was almost holding my breath.

the early John Grishams. It was exciting waiting to find out what happens in the end. The later ones are sort of the equivalent of Danielle Steele books-they follow a formula more or less.

Miss Shelf said:
the early John Grishams. It was exciting waiting to find out what happens in the end. The later ones are sort of the equivalent of Danielle Steele books-they follow a formula more or less.

To be honest, only his first two books, A Time To Kill and The Firm, brought me any real excitement. However, I won't deny that his books have substance. Although I am not a big fan of Grisham's work anymore, occassionally I happen to stumble across another one of his novels, and I am happy to report that their moral messages are as life-altering as ever.

well, i was really excited when i read the harry potter books for the first two times.. especally the first time since it pretty much was unpredictable.

i also loved white oleander, even tho i pretty much knew what was going to happen since i saw the movie beforehand.

lol.. most harrypotter junkies are like that. i was always the one who took more time to buy a copy or read it, so i'd accidently come across spoilers and it'd ruin the book =( BAH. i still hate that. i remember being extremely angry when i read something about the 6th book completely unintentionally

Back