• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Where Do You Stand Politically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marquis Rex

Lots of threads recently on politics in other forums, almost on the verge of starting "flame wars". I expect better from you people :p. So where do YOU stand?
There are too many generalisations in politics into the narrow catogaries of "the Left" and "the Right".
This site further sub divides it, in terms of libertarianism and Authoritarianism. I found it interesting.
Try this political compass test and report your findings!

www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/index.html

A few years ago when I did it I got about
-2 economic Left/Right
and -2.05 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian.
Since then I've broken up with my Ex-G/F and perhaps as a reaction to her Non-pro-active -and perhaps rather feeble-do-gooder attitude this time around I got
0.25 L/R
and -2.05 L/A

I always thought I was more "right" then this, but I guess the issues I have problems with in this country are the ones I think along "right lines",-nice to see overall I'm more balanced.
Also I think the test is slightly US-centric, as it asks the Abortion question and questions about religion-where in the US the confirmed stereotype is that the right/republicans are religious and the left are less so and pro choice. This does NOT neccassarily apply to Europe. It is interesting none-the-less.

Marquis, these Flame Wars are exactly why political discussions aren't allowed on the BookForum.

From the Membership's Agreement:
3.9 Political and religious discussions are not allowed, except in the context of how they apply to specific books.
Sorry. Case (and thread) closed.

Cheers, Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back