• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which book to read first?

JimMorrison

i know how most people on this board feel about dan brown and his books but im still curious about his writing....

which should i read first: angels and demons or the da vinci code?

angels and demons was written after the da vinci code but it is a prequel so i want to know if i should read that first.

:confused:

No, I believe Angels & Demons was written before The Da Vinci Code (so the DVC was a sequel to it, rather than the other way round) - either way you look at it, it makes more sense to read A&D first. However, a lot of people say that the two are practically the same book, so you might only want to read one of them in the end...

(See - I did a whole post on the Da Vinci Code without calling it a crock of [expletive deleted]!)

I would read Angels and Demons first and the DaVinci Code second. The books have a similar theme but are different from each other.

I would read The Da Vinci Code first, rather then Angels and Demons. They are similar but I found that the Da Vinci Code was more interesting. I know a lot of people in this fourm don't like either of the books, but I did, and I found I like the Da Vinci Code better.

Read Da Vinci Code and don't bother with Angels and Demons. At least you'll know what all the fuss is about and you can make up your own mind whether you like it or not.

As for Angels and Demons, it's so similar to Da Vinci Code and the plot is so predictable that you'll wonder why you wasted your time (I did). .

My 2 cents.

ell

pick

If you're going to read both, read Angels first. I wasn't a fan of either book, bit found this one a little better. If you're reading both, wait awhile between them - I read them within a month of each other and the repetitiveness drove me batty.

Ell said:
Read Da Vinci Code and don't bother with Angels and Demons. At least you'll know what all the fuss is about and you can make up your own mind whether you like it or not.

As for Angels and Demons, it's so similar to Da Vinci Code and the plot is so predictable that you'll wonder why you wasted your time (I did). .

My 2 cents.

ell

I'd agree with Ell. They are practicaly the same book (basicly identical plot development, etc) and you can defintely get away with reading just The Code. The stories are seperate (though similar) and you'll miss the repetitiveness.

JimMorrison said:
i know how most people on this board feel about dan brown and his books but im still curious about his writing....

which should i read first: angels and demons or the da vinci code?

angels and demons was written after the da vinci code but it is a prequel so i want to know if i should read that first.

:confused:

i started reading da vinci code and stopped when i heard that angels and demons is like.. a prelude or w/e the term is. i'd read angels and demons first

Back