• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

White Oleander

Jezebel

this adaptation really angered me.

they left out two foster families (if i recall correctly). they didn't delve deep into the relationship between astrid and ray at all, and that was a big controversy in the book. she seemed to be spending a lot of time at the building where kids went if they didn't have a foster family (i forgot the name, it's on the tip of my tongue), but in the book she spent hardly any time there. plus, the endings were completely different. the book's ending fit the tone of the book much better, i think.

however, i do have to say that some casting choices were awesome. casting michelle pfeiffer for ingrid was brilliant. i forgot who played Starr, but she was perfect for playing the straight-out-of-the-trailer-park-god-loving-slut.

anyway, casting was alright. the movie should have been longer to go into more detail...

HI
Totally agree casting was perfect acting was perfect background and feel of the movie was perfect BUT they could have done so much better with the story line and length of the movie. :confused:
I just adored the book and love to think about it or re read it with those actors in mind. :D
Couldnt have been better casted if Id done it myself .LOL
Hugs bev :eek:

Back