• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is this author?

I hope this isn't a stupid question but several years ago I read a couple of books from this author and now I can't for the life of me remember his name or the title of any of the books. I'm hoping someone can tell me who it is from what little I can remember:
The main character is a man who used to work for the gov't but during this annual training his group stumbled into some testing and everyone died but him. He retired from the govt and moved to a house on a bay or cape of some sort in the states and he works writing articles for this magazine that is govt owned. He has a female officer friend who happens to be a lesbian, as well as a black friend who is a bit shady. He solves problems that arise in the town. I remember he was helping with security during a political convention in one book and also severed feet kept washing on shore. I think there was this old lady in a big house who he would visit too. Unfortunately that's all I can remember. Any help would be wonderful. I've searched for ages. Thanks again.

I don't know, but when you find out pass it along. severed feet... lesbians.... government disasters..... it sounds like a good read!

Back