• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who is your fav fantasy character of all time?

Whilst I must confess to having a particular weakness for Minsc & Boo ... if we're including games then I think it'll have to be the Goron King in Zelda! There's no way on this planet I could vote for Zelda herself, after all, the insurance on that girl must be pretty high after how often she's been kidnapped.

As much as I like minsc and boo, my favourite fantasy character is from Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea cycle - Sparrowhawk aka Ged. Defined wizards for me. Young and strong, misunderstood but noble, not walking around in flowing robes or wearing pointy hats.

ds

Split Vote

My favourite fantasy characters of all time is a split vote between John Carter from Edgar Rice Burroughs' Martian series and Tarzan. To me they represent fantasy writing at its best.

My top 2 would consist of 1. Tyrion Lancaster - Songs of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin and the #2 spot would go to - Rincewind - Discworld Books by Terry Pratchet.

Yeah, well, I think Tyrion Lannister is a bloody cool character myself, Lukin. I think Martin saves all the good one-liners for him.

"If I had known I could worship with my c*ck I'd be much more religious."

ds

i like Drizzt from the forgotten realms the best. He has great feelings an emotions and hes just hardcore, an awsome character

Probably either Pug or Gandalf.

I've always been a great fan of Fantasy Mages. so Pug, Gandalf, Merlin, Belgarath, I like them all.

my fav Fantasy character at the moment is moget from the old kingdom book
and one my girlfreands cats seems to inbody the pure sarcasum of moget

p.s i think it has it in for me <gulp>

The Dragon Reborn

How bout the player that is Rand al Thor in the Whell of time series, Surely one of the better fantasy characters of all time.

The fighting 109th!

Having just finished Christopher Rowley's Bazil Broketail series, my favorite characters would have to be Relkin and Bazil. They have such a "buddy cop" feel to them that I just love.

Back