• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who understands anything in the elseworlds?

Morry

Well I leave it like that I guess. Am still kinda baffled by the whole horrible complexity of the superhero universes.... ;)

Morry

Elseworlds

It's not really all that difficult to understand the concept of elseworld comics. In my opinion they basically exist to satisfy the writers fantasies for placng their creations in unfamiliar settings. Say for example a Batman writer wants to write the character of Batman as a sixteenth century pirate. There is no logical way to place batman in the role of pirate in the current context of the story arcs therefore the idea is repackaged as an 'elseworld' and all character back story and current plot lines are left behind as the story is placed outside the batman mythos thus creating an elseworld.

Very good, thanks for brightening that up for us.The star in the elseworld comic usually is very prudent in the comic, if there should be a drastic change on the main character then mostly the interest fades in the comic.

dawnyfoster said:
It's not really all that difficult to understand the concept of elseworld comics. In my opinion they basically exist to satisfy the writers fantasies for placng their creations in unfamiliar settings. Say for example a Batman writer wants to write the character of Batman as a sixteenth century pirate. There is no logical way to place batman in the role of pirate in the current context of the story arcs therefore the idea is repackaged as an 'elseworld' and all character back story and current plot lines are left behind as the story is placed outside the batman mythos thus creating an elseworld.

Back