• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

why not more Book Trailers?

love-to-read

What I want to know is why books don't have more book trailers?

My children showed me this website where the books show have trailers, I thought that this was a really good idea. The trailers make the books seem excited and fun and after watching a few with my kids they were asking for some of the books they had seen in trailers. If book trailers can be this effective for children then why isn't it been done more? I'm pro anything that makes my children want to read.

But why don't we have the same for adult books? Trailers work so well for films so why not books?

Heres the site that my kids showed me Published World Home Page and heres the link to one of the book trailers which my son is nagging me to get him http://www.publishedworld.com/index.php?page=book&id=51

:)

Thanks for these, Ive watched a few adult book trailers but I dont think they are as good as the kids ones, I think they should be shown on tv more, it would get children excited about books and not just the well known ones like harry potter and what not but other books that they may not have even picked up as they didnt know what the book was about.

What I have also found is people say they want to build their own pictures of places and people rather than being shown. This being said the book trailers that I have seen dont really give this away.

But thank for the links :)

What I have also found is people say they want to build their own pictures of places and people rather than being shown. This being said the book trailers that I have seen dont really give this away.

Hmm, are you saying you'd like to see ads with actors portraying characters from the book? I remember reading about a YA series that was promoted by doing such a thing, although I can't recall the name of the books. I want to say the author's name was Kersten Hamilton . . .?

Reading is a way to open your mind, TV is controlled so they will advertise the things which will keep your mind closed such as Chips Ahoy cookies :D

Back