• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

William Gibson: Neuromancer

alfinge

kickbox
Have you read Neuromancer? What do you think about it? :)

Here is the novel that started it all, launching the cyberpunk generation, and the first novel to win the holy trinity of science fiction: the Hugo Award, the Nebula Award and the Philip K. Dick Award. With Neuromancer, William Gibson introduced the world to cyberspace--and science fiction has never been the same.

Case was the hottest computer cowboy cruising the information superhighway--jacking his consciousness into cyberspace, soaring through tactile lattices of data and logic, rustling encoded secrets for anyone with the money to buy his skills. Then he double-crossed the wrong people, who caught up with him in a big way--and burned the talent out of his brain, micron by micron. Banished from cyberspace, trapped in the meat of his physical body, Case courted death in the high-tech underworld. Until a shadowy conspiracy offered him a second chance--and a cure--for a price....

"Kaleidoscopic, picaresque, flashy, and decadent...an amazing virtuoso performance...Neuromancer, in every sense, is state-of-the-art."

--The Washington Post

"A debut novel set for brain stun! Streetwise SF... one of the most unusual and involving narratives to be read in many an artificially induced blue moon!"

--London Times

"Freshly imagined, compellingly detailed and chilling."

--The New York Times

"A revolutionary novel."

--Publisher's Weekly

It's on my to read pile, but I haven't got round to reading it yet. It looks very interesting, and it's won a lot of awards as well.

Gibson's often cited as the father of the cyberpunk genre, but I think actually it was Alfred Bester and Michael Moorcock who really got it started, Gibson just was the first to really focus it into a subgenre.

Yes, maybe you are right

Gibson's often cited as the father of the cyberpunk genre, but I think actually it was Alfred Bester and Michael Moorcock who really got it started, Gibson just was the first to really focus it into a subgenre.[/QUOTE]

Yes, maybe you are right, but i have not read anything of A.Bester or M.Moorcock. Maybe you could tell me of some good books from this authors? :) I also liked the other two books in this triology just as good as neuromanser, happy reading!

alfinge said:
Gibson's often cited as the father of the cyberpunk genre, but I think actually it was Alfred Bester and Michael Moorcock who really got it started, Gibson just was the first to really focus it into a subgenre.

Yes, maybe you are right, but i have not read anything of A.Bester or M.Moorcock. Maybe you could tell me of some good books from this authors? :) I also liked the other two books in this triology just as good as neuromanser, happy reading![/QUOTE]

For Alfred Bester I'd start with the Stars My Destination. Moorcock's written tons of stuff (over 100 novels maybe?), but Gibson himself cited his Cornelius Quartet as an inspiration, so that's probably a good place to start.

Yes I`ll start with the Stars My Destination, Thanks!

Brys said:
Yes, maybe you are right, but i have not read anything of A.Bester or M.Moorcock. Maybe you could tell me of some good books from this authors? :) I also liked the other two books in this triology just as good as neuromanser, happy reading!

For Alfred Bester I'd start with the Stars My Destination. Moorcock's written tons of stuff (over 100 novels maybe?), but Gibson himself cited his Cornelius Quartet as an inspiration, so that's probably a good place to start.[/QUOTE]

Hi
Yes I`ll start with the Stars My Destination, Thanks!

Back