• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Wit'ch Fire

I recently read the Ban and the Banished series by James Clemens. The series consists of Wit'ch Fire, Wit'ch Storm, Wit'ch War, Wit'ch Gate, and Wit'ch Star. I was awe-struck. I could not put the books down. Not only does the series consist of dozens of memorable characters that I grew deeply attached to, but there is so much conflict and tension that it doesn't give the reader anytime to rest. James Clemens ties the plot into so many knots that it seemed impossible to resolve them. But somehow he reaches a plausible, and miraculous resolution, in the last twenty pages of every book, a feat the reader was beginning to think to be impossible.

Has anyone else read this series? if so, so you know any Fantasy author's that have a similar style that Clemens uses. Specifically books with unnaturally high conflict and tension.

Back